Istanbul | Cancelled Hotels

Just had the your credit card details are invalid threatening to cancel my reservation - oh no it fucking isn`t.

Big Peace Hotel in Byeoglu

This trip is turning into a nightmare

Not had time to read the whole thread. Stressed out big time . My mate booked a hotel through Booking.com Taksim Park Hotel. He had an email this morning saying his card has declined (even though we don’t pay until we get there ) . I think he booked it on a card which has now expired but tried putting in the new card details but can’t get in touch with the hotel . He’s gone through booking.com who said don’t worry just keeping trying. FFS!
I’m staying there from tomorrow hope they don’t cancel again ffs

My advice In the future.
Think twice about booking a hotel room for a final.
Think twice about using Booking.com
Try/use Airbnb instead.

Ours too and I picked it... Didn't bother researching where to stay but out resident Turkish guy said it's OK... Time will tell
Same here… booked through Airbnb so I only got the address details once I’d paid. Dragged the little orange man to the spot on Google maps. To say the outside of the building doesn’t appear to show any correlation to the inside would be one of the greatest understatements in history.

Big Peace Hotel are trying to cancel at least 3 rooms that our group have booked. Cnuts. At present not a clue what is going on.
Itinerary will now be:
Thurs sleeping in Dalaman airport whilst waiting for connection
Fri sleeping in Saw airport unless I can get sorted
Sat fuck knows

My advice In the future.
Think twice about booking a hotel room for a final.
Think twice about using Booking.com
Try/use Airbnb instead.
I'd add for more secure bookings (finals), outside the U.K. -
book with a major chain hotel either directly paying a deposit, this will ensure that you have a contract with the hotel. Or at least book with a hotel registered with the tourist board. As has been said 'free cancellation' is problematic in these circumstances, where you a sudden increased demand for rooms, a tempting bonus day for unscrupulous hoteliers
The likes of Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia do have some clout with hotels who act unscrupulously: they can threaten to withdraw the hotel from their listings. They do this when hoteliers undercut the listings room rate.
2024 final Wembley anyway!

Reactions: jrb
Same here… booked through Airbnb so I only got the address details once I’d paid. Dragged the little orange man to the spot on Google maps. To say the outside of the building doesn’t appear to show any correlation to the inside would be one of the greatest understatements in history.
Same here.

It’s like beauty and the beast.

For £85 a night, I’m not complaining.

And the hosts have been absolutely brilliant. Always answering my questions, sending me details, and keeping in touch.

I suppose it’s pot luck across the hotels and apartments.

The inside.

2017-F8-D3-BF56-4-B65-93-C4-A3439-A851-D9-D.webp

30-B566-C9-ADDD-4-E5-A-93-BC-8425-C2-BBD954.webp

DF06-B864-3860-412-A-9-F61-3-B26-F89-C841-A.webp

The outside.

845292-EA-D468-4-B7-D-8-E5-A-94849-A86-AF2-A.webp

C9409-FF9-2274-41-C8-BDBC-0663495-BC39-B.webp

I've got a air b n b booked for the Friday night. It looks like a 4*+ room on the site, but I'm more of the thinking it'll look more like a scene from Tenko. It cost 36 quid so I'm not expecting much anyway. I just need to sleep and shower in the morning. I'll even share my crisps with the cochroaches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.