It feels rather odd to have the world watching us..

S04

In regards to the transfer window I mean but hey, maybe I should have expected it after the media tornado that have struck us since Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed put his finger on us and gave everyone a nod..

But it still feels odd to read that all other clubs are waiting for us to make the first move.
That what players we buy might affect the financial health of big clubs sounds outlandish, that our owners are rich and powerful beyond belief I can understand, but this..deference tainted with jealousy, fear and greed makes me look at the other clubs with new eyes, their petty ambitions and "grandscale plans" suddenly seems so futile and when I talk to fans of other clubs I feel that we ain´t welcome amongst the big ones and not considered one of the hopefulls either.
Any Tolkien fans here? I sometimes have the idea that we are feeling like Frodo with the ring..So much power, so much Gollumesque jibbering about what players we want etc.

Well, I can live with that...;)

One City to rule them all, One City to beat them,
One City to play them all and in the league defeat them."

Everyone's looking to us, because once we start making moves in the market, other clubs can. We're basically the catalyst for the market. Because once our cash fills the market, other clubs can start buying and selling.

S04 said:
In regards to the transfer window I mean but hey, maybe I should have expected it after the media tornado that have struck us since Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed put his finger on us and gave everyone a nod..

But it still feels odd to read that all other clubs are waiting for us to make the first move.
That what players we buy might affect the financial health of big clubs sounds outlandish, that our owners are rich and powerful beyond belief I can understand, but this..deference tainted with jealousy, fear and greed makes me look at the other clubs with new eyes, their petty ambitions and "grandscale plans" suddenly seems so futile and when I talk to fans of other clubs I feel that we ain´t welcome amongst the big ones and not considered one of the hopefulls either.
Any Tolkien fans here? I sometimes have the idea that we are feeling like Frodo with the ring..So much power, so much Gollumesque jibbering about what players we want etc.

One City to play them all and in the league defeat them
."

That my friend is the best couple of lines I have ever read on this forum.

Send a shiver of anticipation and satisfaction down your spine doesn't it!?

agree with you completley about other clubs ambitions, they just seem so small and pointless when you look at what we are planning, but we are an exception. also, i almost feel sorry for some of our players who have worked so hard for the club for years to keep us in the prem and now we have money they will be instantly discarded.

scall1 said:
Everyone's looking to us, because once we start making moves in the market, other clubs can. We're basically the catalyst for the market. Because once our cash fills the market, other clubs can start buying and selling.

Of course..but still I feel that our rise to the top is inevitable as long as Abu Dhabi is behind us.

But we´ll not be the first club to rise thru oil money...Juventus (Libyan oil) and Inter (Saras S.p.A ) comes to mind.

scall1 said:
i.e. Dunne

yeah the most high profile example. also, players like vassel who i know isnt everyones favorite player but has tolied and toiled and tried his best to score the odd goal here and there, now we could get rid and have villa getting 20+ a season just because we can!

Kinkys Blue Socks said:
S04 said:

One City to play them all and in the league defeat them
."

That my friend is the best couple of lines I have ever read on this forum.

Send a shiver of anticipation and satisfaction down your spine doesn't it!?

Rather simple rhyme but yeah..It sort speaks of enormous powers about to be unleashed and the (footballing) world will not be the same again.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Odd? It's bloody brilliant.

As a City fan you must admit that being able to even smile when talking about City is odd...Brilliant is odd, being minted is OTT odd.

Mind you. I´m not complaining, I just fell..odd

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.