It feels rather odd to have the world watching us..

Godfather said:
scall1 said:
i.e. Dunne

yeah the most high profile example. also, players like vassel who i know isnt everyones favorite player but has tolied and toiled and tried his best to score the odd goal here and there, now we could get rid and have villa getting 20+ a season just because we can!

Because we can? Because we need to to progress.
I'm all for the development of youth and not just discarding players for the sake of it, but this kind of sentimental attitude will hold us back!

S04 said:
In regards to the transfer window I mean but hey, maybe I should have expected it after the media tornado that have struck us since Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed put his finger on us and gave everyone a nod..

But it still feels odd to read that all other clubs are waiting for us to make the first move.
That what players we buy might affect the financial health of big clubs sounds outlandish, that our owners are rich and powerful beyond belief I can understand, but this..deference tainted with jealousy, fear and greed makes me look at the other clubs with new eyes, their petty ambitions and "grandscale plans" suddenly seems so futile and when I talk to fans of other clubs I feel that we ain´t welcome amongst the big ones and not considered one of the hopefulls either.
Any Tolkien fans here? I sometimes have the idea that we are feeling like Frodo with the ring..So much power, so much Gollumesque jibbering about what players we want etc.

Well, I can live with that...;)

One City to rule them all, One City to beat them,
One City to play them all and in the league defeat them."

yeah me n missus big fans of LOTR/Tolkien I enjoyed reading your post very eloquent, articulate and succinct! I find its not so much the futility of the other clubs simply the current economic climate - like, shit! Some players will have to take a pay cut down to about 75K per week! poor sods.

"so much Gollumesque jibbering about what players we want" - I love this phrase "Gollumesque jibbering" - by the way, if City are like Frodo, who is smoking 'Longbottom Leaf'?? and where is Treebeard??

lets not get too excited, it will take time to 'bed in' any new arrivals. The journey to Mordor will be a perilous one better bring Fabregas with us....

S04 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Odd? It's bloody brilliant.

As a City fan you must admit that being able to even smile when talking about City is odd...Brilliant is odd, being minted is OTT odd.

Mind you. I´m not complaining, I just fell..odd
I know what you mean. When the takeover went through I was working in Northampton and in the pub that night all you could hear was people talking about City. I just thought it was the best time ever to be a blue.

Kinky Dribbler said:
Godfather said:
yeah the most high profile example. also, players like vassel who i know isnt everyones favorite player but has tolied and toiled and tried his best to score the odd goal here and there, now we could get rid and have villa getting 20+ a season just because we can!

I'm all for the development of youth and not just discarding players for the sake of it, but this kind of sentimental attitude will hold us back!

I doubt our top brass will let anything stand in the way for their ambitions..and they got HUGE ambitions.

Sheikh Mansour and his brothers want a world renowned team..money is no object.

Our chairman of the board is the bright and ambitious Khaldoon Al Mubarak who works directly under the Abu Dhabi crown prince (One of Mansours brothers) as CEO for Mubadala.

Our executive charman Cook wants to become a mover and shaker in the EPL I bet.

Hughes have been given a once in a life chance to build his own team, any manager would give his left nut for that opportunity.

Kinkys Blue Socks said:
S04 said:
In regards to the transfer window I mean but hey, maybe I should have expected it after the media tornado that have struck us since Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed put his finger on us and gave everyone a nod..

But it still feels odd to read that all other clubs are waiting for us to make the first move.
That what players we buy might affect the financial health of big clubs sounds outlandish, that our owners are rich and powerful beyond belief I can understand, but this..deference tainted with jealousy, fear and greed makes me look at the other clubs with new eyes, their petty ambitions and "grandscale plans" suddenly seems so futile and when I talk to fans of other clubs I feel that we ain´t welcome amongst the big ones and not considered one of the hopefulls either.
Any Tolkien fans here? I sometimes have the idea that we are feeling like Frodo with the ring..So much power, so much Gollumesque jibbering about what players we want etc.

Well, I can live with that...;)

One City to rule them all, One City to beat them,
One City to play them all and in the league defeat them
."

That my friend is the best couple of lines I have ever read on this forum.

Send a shiver of anticipation and satisfaction down your spine doesn't it!?

can be sung using the pop goes the weasel rythme

Whether it feels odd or not we are going to have to get used to it. With the credit crunch especially. We will be the first with our mouths in the trough and everyone else will have to fight for the scraps and left overs. Even "arry" admitted that we will have first pick. We will dominate every transfer window from now on. We gave sky sports the best end of transfer day in the summer I just hope Ajay is correct although I can't see Kaka coming to city until the summer especially when we beat AC in the final of the UEFA cup. Mind you he is going to have to fight for his place the way Irelands been playing.

Kinky Dribbler said:
Godfather said:

Completely agree. Ireland, SWP and Richards are the only players I absolutely wouldn't sell (that are either brought through the ranks or been here a while). I wouldn't want to sell Sturridge or Hart but there ARE much better players out there and we want the very best. Pretty much all others can go if it means a world class squad is formed, sentiment is not something to worry about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.