ITK: Bad news on Petrov

Chippy said:
Project said:
Do we really need another left sided player in this system? Robinho plays there currently and Sturridge looked great when he filled in versus Schalke.
Right - save our money and fill in with an inexperienced CF if needed. That's Top 4 thinking alright.

I think you are missing the point. The system we play means that Robinho is more of a forward than a left winger. Sturridge is perfectly at ease in that role.... it actually suits him more than the CF position in this 433/451 formation because hes small. And given his talent, I see nothing wrong in having Sturridge as the understudy to Robinho. Kind of like how Walcott (a 'CF') gets into the Arsenal team on the wing.

Or we could just buy two experienced players in every position, ensuring that the likes of Sturridge never get a game.

If Mighty Martin never plays again...
augur.jpg

I predict...
2004_02_rion.jpg

HUGHES OUT!

avoidconfusion said:
Don't believe this rumour for a second. Petrov will be back.

I am with you on this one, I will see if I can find any medical info on it this week to be certain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.