It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

If we give Bernardo a decent contract, apart from the climate what else is he missing out on? Barcelona are miles off where we are.

No idea what he’s on, turns 28 in August so a 4 year deal on 200k a week should do it. He deserves it.

I’m not so sure. Pep has always been adamant that if you want to leave City, you can, as long as you present a deal to City that we deem acceptable. By all accounts we told Bernie he could leave last summer and the fee was £40m. Nobody would pay it.

I expect the same sentiment would stand this summer, but the required fee would be much closer to £100m. IMO this means he will be staying because very few clubs can afford that.
It may be true that we were in that position by having him as a possibility to leave, whereas this summer we probably have a list of players we wouldn’t mind leaving, most for contractual situations, and Bernardo would probably be nowhere near that. Considering the World Cup, players who are doing well probably will avoid moving this summer. A player we want to stay and can’t afford to lose will stay, simple as. We’re no different from PSG in that regard

I think/hope Bernardo will stay. Would be really hard and expensive to replace + I love the guy. With Alvarez & Haaland joining, I would expect 2 out of Sterling/Mahrez/Jesus to leave. If I would choose I'd keep Jesus, but I guess it will come down to who is open to move, and what offers we will receive as well. So I suspect Sterling will be the one staying, right now it seems like he would rather explore his options at the end of his contract.

Would give us a front 3 of Grealish/Sterling, Haaland/Alvarez, Foden/Palmer. Would be more than happy with that, unlike many others on here I still have high hopes Grealish could become great next season.

If we give Bernardo a decent contract, apart from the climate what else is he missing out on? Barcelona are miles off where we are.

No idea what he’s on, turns 28 in August so a 4 year deal on 200k a week should do it. He deserves it.
He’s never given the impression that he is anything but in love with the club. Nor has there been any talk of him feeling underpaid or undervalued. Talk of him leaving seemed to stem from being in Manchester and away from family and friends. With that in mind I don’t think the offer of a new contract or wage increase would be the determining factor in him staying or leaving. Hopefully he is much happier in Manchester now with his gf and doggo and if he is, I don’t see him wanting to leave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.