It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

decent transfer window...ideally i think even another young attacking wide/central midfielder for a bit of depth would have made it perfect but overall a very good transfer window....

We definitely went for a certain profile of player....all very good ball carriers/dribblers.....looks like Pep is slightly reinventing the team again. Might lead to a few more hairy moments as if you are dribbling it always increases the likelyhood of losing the ball and even witht he players we have got in who are probably some of the best in the business at it the chance is still always there....will make the games a bit faster I reckon....I guess Pep will train them to do the things at the right moment....break the lines of these deep lying defences or high presses...The defenders are going to have to be on their toes aware that possession could switch at any time with players maybe taking more risks.

Gvardiol is the standout for me from the guys we have brought in - looks exceptional and will get better
Doku has potentially the most excitement factor about it
Kovacic will go under the radar (not for city fans) but for the rest of the prem....looks very good already
Nunes - for me he is the only slight risk (not really in terms of ability but maybe temperament - hopefully he aint another Cancello probably not but you never know)

The outs:
Gundo - writing was on the wall as soon as we won the CL final - perfect way to sign off. Just wish he hadnt gone to Barca as they dont deserve him but what a player
Mahrez - not too bothered about him....was too hit and miss for me - sublime skill and probably one of the most gifted players Ive ever seen but disappeared at times and when games get hard he only occasionally showed up.
Palmer - understand why he left but to go to chelsea I think he has put himself back in the same position with fighting big time for minutes.....clearly backs himself so good luck to him.
McAtee - only a loan so hpefully he can convince Pep that he can make the step up....to me he has the potential to be a Foden - but clearly Pep isnt convinced on that so only time will tell and Pep will be proved right.

Keeping Bernardo and Walker - vital - but need to be figuring out their replacement asap

Next summer - Wirtz would be top of the list for me
Pep into his 'midfielders as wingers' era

Great to see the rags shopping at Primark waited a bloody long time to finally see this happen
I'd go as far to say more like Ethel Austins than Primark, It all looks good on paper, but will all go to shit when their knicker elastic snaps and they're once again left with their trolleys around their ankles.

I'm sorry but you must be delusional if you think Pep is giving Phillips a single minute after how he has treated him so far in his City career.

Phillips, Bobb and Gomez will not reach 1000 minutes combined between then. They are non-entities when discussing squad strength.

Well that's one of your two claims out the window already. But I'll wait till I've won both bets to point it out to you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.