It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Honestly, a window of Paqueta, Kimmich/Neves, Musiala/Wirtz and Frimpong would be ridiculous.

To the point of…I can’t see it being done.

Paqueta, yes.

Musiala? One of those where it’s just too big of a coup and Bayern would do anything to not sell to us. Depends on his willingness not to sign a contract. Then again, Bayern might be more comfortable him going if it means they have the funds for Wirtz.

Kimmich? As per above. Depends on contract too.

Neves, release clause so can see it being an option. Plus I assume good relations after the Dias/Otamendi deal being done so quickly.

Frimpong, yes. Homegrown, mint, knows how we play given academy background - can see us paying the premium for him.

Kimmich/Neves wouldn’t be a replacement for Rodri, they’d be an ‘8’ and I am assuming the club have seen enough of both to feel they can do it. Or they plan to push Rodri further up given how lethal his finishing can be.
We do not need 8 we need back up to Rodri

We do not need 8 we need back up to Rodri

We won’t be spending £100m on a back up. And why would somebody like Kimmich or Neves come in to be back up?

I imagine we’ve been burnt by Phillips and realise that those happy to sit on the bench for 90% of the season aren’t particularly up to the job. So we either alter Rodri’s position or have a few different formations to allow wiggle room for how we play.

We won’t be spending £100m on a back up. And why would somebody like Kimmich or Neves come in to be back up?

I imagine we’ve been burnt by Phillips and realise that those happy to sit on the bench for 90% of the season aren’t particularly up to the job. So we either alter Rodri’s position or have a few different formations to allow wiggle room for how we play.
Kimmich can play multiple position - DM, CM, RB
Neves also can play in dm and cm

We can either give them starts on different positions or alter tactics

More options is not bad

Kimmich can play multiple position - DM, CM, RB
Neves also can play in dm and cm

We can either give them starts on different positions or alter tactics

More options is not bad
If we buy Paqueta,or anyone else we don't need another CM,we'd have KDB Foden, Paqueta ? Kovacic ,only position that could possibly work is RB /DM.So Kimmich I could see IF Walker goes. Neves,don't see it at all.

If we buy Paqueta,or anyone else we don't need another CM,we'd have KDB Foden, Paqueta ? Kovacic ,only position that could possibly work is RB /DM.So Kimmich I could see IF Walker goes. Neves,don't see it at all.
We do not need Paqueta

If we buy Paqueta,or anyone else we don't need another CM,we'd have KDB Foden, Paqueta ? Kovacic ,only position that could possibly work is RB /DM.So Kimmich I could see IF Walker goes. Neves, don't see it at all.
Paqueta in place of Bernardo i think, can play centrally and on in wings
we need a player in that DM,CM position to replace Kalvin.

i doubt Kovacic would be good in standalone DM spot, maybe in Pivot.

also keep in mind, that next season there will be more games due to changed UCL and CWC. there 70 club games max to be played in a season and also keep in mind national team games.

So we buy some 8 and who do they replace ? Nunes, Kovacic, Foden, DeBryne, Grealish, Bernardo ? Rodri is the one that needs resting he is the one asking for a rest we need a DM who can play other positions if needs be, Perhaps an older player Wont mind missing games or a very young player might be willing to wait and gain game time gradually and step up more as Rodri and others get older and reduce games

Neves would allow Rodri to finally rest full games which he hasn`t done in years, he can play alongside Rodri as one of 2 deeper midfielders and allow Rodri to roam more freely (which he`s been doing brilliantly this season when allowed to), and he could be our first choice DM post Rodri, given he`s 8 years younger. Don`t know if we could have him for less than his release clause, but you can`t really find a better U21 DM in the world at the moment. If Rodri tore his acl in the beginning of the season we`d be fucked, but if we have Neves we would still be able to compete in all 4 competitions

Paqueta in place of Bernardo i think, can play centrally and on in wings
we need a player in that DM,CM position to replace Kalvin.

i doubt Kovacic would be good in standalone DM spot, maybe in Pivot.

also keep in mind, that next season there will be more games due to changed UCL and CWC. there 70 club games max to be played in a season and also keep in mind national team games.
Kovacic won't be a DM. We will buy somebody to cover Rodri, just can't see it being £100 mill Neves,simply because if Rodri plays,with Paqueta and Foden or KDB ahead there is no position for Neves..Kimmich if available would be much more likely cheaper and can play right back too,especially if Walker goes,

Kovacic won't be a DM. We will buy somebody to cover Rodri, just can't see it being £100 mill Neves,simply because if Rodri plays,with Paqueta and Foden or KDB ahead there is no position for Neves..Kimmich if available would be much more likely cheaper and can play right back too,especially if Walker goes,
we have the budget, we will see what will happen, but a new DM will come

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.