It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

All depends on who leaves, as Foden and Kovacic can take minutes there, but even with a full complement, given the amount and intensity of the football we are playing, the likelihood of a key injury in the engine room next season must be high.

If Bernardo and Gundogan stay and we sign kovacic then that will be it for midfield imo mate. Does concern though abit with gundos age and KDB suffers injuries at times in the season? I also think pep wanted 4-5 changes possibly this summer to freshen things up and the group?

If Bernardo and Gundogan stay and we sign kovacic then that will be it for midfield imo mate. Does concern though abit with gundos age and KDB suffers injuries at times in the season? I also think pep wanted 4-5 changes possibly this summer to freshen things up and the group?
Don’t think so, I never expected much more than 3 changes, and still do, Kovacic , Gvaurdiol ? And one more either midfield or right wing I reckon.

If Pep can change Kovacic into a goal scoring and assisting midfielder. Then we have one of the best midfielders in the prem. Kovacic just glides past players when he dribbles,he just lacks end product.

If Pep can get Kovacic to develop end product to his game. Then your looking at a scary prospect. He could launch counter attacks on his own.

There are other midfielders so I wouldn't be too worried about Bellingham

Even if this results in Foden moving central, i don't see any world class right-wingers on the market. Or am i missing someone?

Agree. We do face the challenge of keeping everyone happy, dare I say it being 'holistic', but as you say the midfield is getting rather creaky. Will certainly be an interesting summer. Even if we are successful on Saturday, we face the problem of maintaining such high standards again next season, which might be difficult if a nucleus of our key players have emotionally peaked; they've wanted this so desperately for 3-4 seasons now that a drop after a win cannot be ruled out. Similarly, if we are unsuccessful on Saturday, perish the thought, we face the problem of addressing an ageing midfield that might just not have the engine to go the distance again. Not much riding on Saturday, then...

Ha, sorry Kaz.

Both could still be gone by this time next week, the only positive feedback City since last week is they insist willing to stay and no agreements with anyone else.

Also keep an eye on Ortega news.
As in, we could lose him?
Bad news, I love Stefan, but maybe we could give Trafford a chance?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.