It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Fair price? No fucking shit. Absolute mugs if we only fetch this for a player of his calibre. Bare minimum we should be looking at, in the current climate, is £50m.
Nobody outside of PL will/can pay that much. City receiving a €50-60m offer for Laporte from a club like Juventus/Inter/Atletico/Sevilla is just completely unrealistic since neither can afford it or would be willing to spend that kind of money on a defender with no resale value.

The only real question is, would we rather:
a) Keep him, with him most likely getting less minutes than last years 12 PL appearances and possibly selling him for even less next year with him costing the club an additional €7m in salary.
b) Sell him for €50m to a PL rival, getting the most money possible but strengthening a competitor for the league and also having to see him in a rivals shirt.
c) Sell him to the highest non PL bidder this summer, which at this point looks like being Juventus with a €30m bid.

I can see arguments being made for all alternatives. I would rather just keep him, as long as he doesn't cause any problems in the locker room from being unhappy with minutes. But if City suspect he could do that, I would rather just sell him to Juventus than to Arsenal. Not strengthening our rivals is more important than 20m, in my opinion.

Did I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago, that Real had accepted an £80 mullion bid from the scousers, or did I dream It.

i think there was an article mate but a shit source? I would not think twice of slapping a £100m bid in for Valverde mate if he was available? We`ve gone for Bellingham and Rice so the appetite is there for a big midfielder transfer?

i think there was an article mate but a shit source? I would not think twice of slapping a £100m bid in for Valverde mate if he was available? We`ve gone for Bellingham and Rice so the appetite is there for a big midfielder transfer?
He is available for 75-85m pounds, though :)

Valverde would play RW for us if we were to lose Bernardo/Mahrez. Perfect, world-class replacement at the right age. Pep loves him as well, but I am not sure if he would want to leave Madrid. He would need a lot of convincing.

Need to be convinced from Real Madrid side by directly telling him that he is not part of plan anymore in the future.

That will surely push him to go out from the club, if we only relying from our own to convince him it will be difficult.

wasnt that one shite source mate?
Yeah, maybe, not sure. Regardless, I think we would strike a deal with Madrid, no problem, but would he want to move to us? I read somewhere he wants to be a future Madrid captain...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.