It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Because that would have long lasting effects in the future. Just because we have a lot of money doesn’t mean we should just bend over and pay whatever everyone wants. All clubs would start asking for more money. Shown plenty of times in the future we’ll walk away if it gets too expensive, and we’ve usually found great alternatives
the lad is desperate to join us and they have said the move will happen so no rush to bow to their demands

Maybe we should stop paying over-inflated prices and identify these players before they get prominent. On that basis we should get the top scouts in GB and Europe? ;)

So, we have Kovacic for £25m and hopefully Gvardiol for £85m soon. We have sold Trafford for £14m and Charles for £10m and have the Porro sell on £10m as well? Tolmie mentioned a £300m transfer chest for this summer and maybe 2 more incomings? I wonder why the club won’t just do the Gvardiol fee and get it done? I’m also quite surprised we didn’t do Maddison for only £40m as I don’t see us getting any huge name transfer so the budget won’t get used?
I'm not convinced we we spend anywhere near £300m I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up winning the net spend trophy again.

Agree that it seems odd that we are balking at prices, the Bellingham transfer was out of our hands, Rice we backed out after 1 bid. At the moment it looks like we will be swapping replacing Laporte and Gundo for Gvardiol and Kovacic, I think we are going into next season weaker than last.
Gundo scored some incredibly important goals for us, not convinced Kovacic has that in him, especially as he will be adapting to Peps playing style.

Also be interested to see if Bernie, FFS & Cancelo end up leaving and who we will look to replace them with, Hoping we dont leave it too late and end up with panic buys, ala Sergio Gomez.

Well for all his faults Cancelo is a very good player, and Jesus is a quality player who we were happy to sell to arsenal…

I’m not arguing about whether it’s a good or bad idea to sell to a rival by the way, I’m just noting that Pep has often said he won’t stop players from leaving and we have seen last season that City seem quite happy to sell to arsenal.
That's no longer an option...

The Arsenal rumour I've read - and it's what sprang to mind when a swap was mentioned - was Tierney for Cancelo/Laporte. No 'good' sources tho.

I completely trust the club as they rarely get it wrong when it comes to transfers - but it is unsettling that nothing seems to be happening.

• Kovacic was done and dusted months ago
  • We made a bid for Rice, got rejected, and pulled out
  • Gvardiol seems to have all gone quiet
  • No one who I expected might leave seems to be leaving - Silva, Laporte, Mahrez, Cancelo
  • Even the usual young players being loaned out isn't happening

We've just won the treble, we now need to defend these trophies and to do that we need quality additions, and dead wood shipping out.

I'm not complaining - just surprised as the players are back in training next week (or the week after?) and we normally have all our transfers wrapped up within a few weeks of the season ending.
We're back on Monday the 17th. We play Yokohama F Marinos on Sunday the 23rd. CFG owns 20% of that club...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.