It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

This summer off the top of the bat he was pretty much first Journalist with the below this year:

Walker wanting to go
Lillo coming back
Moving for Rice once Gundo Left
Not having anyone else lined up when Rice move failed (Veiga stories were floating about everywhere else)

I'm not saying he's a nice bloke or that I enjoy his articles but to discount what he's saying is just personal bias he's got a better record than anyone this summer really.
We moved for Rice before gundo left,
Walker is still here and doesn't seem to be pushing for a move.
Window isn't finished so he's speculating
That's 3/4 wrong, + missing 2 so that's 1/6.

We could argue that surely some of those are small disprecency. But surely his entire job and reputation is on accuracy.
Besides none of those are scoops. Everyone could tell you we wanted rice and stories were floating last year, Bayern have courted Walker before, and again it's plainly obvious we didnt' have a back up to rice. So what's he actually done other than apply some logic to a situation?

Doku would be a dream transfer. Didn’t think Pep would target someone like him. Would love it to happen

World class does grow on trees like our Academy for example and the club management maybe thinking these current academy grad will be enough for next season until the the right player will be avalaible next year.

Are you really want our club like the rags just sign the player no matter the price is?

Maguire, Fred, Sanchez, Pogba etc, i don't think our club will missed at all when we just wait and not signing for the sake of it.
Again, if the approach is giving the kids a chance, then fine by me. I don't agree with it fully nor do I like it but it is what it is. Whether that works or not, remains to be seen. But let's be consistent with it and lower expectations for that matter then. But obviously if things don't go to plan or have a bad spell, it'll be the likes of Bobb, CP, McAtee who'll bear the brunt and it would be unfair on them. And all this is just unavoidable.

Again, what is signing players for the sake of it? It's not squad fillers we need ,, It's replacements for players we've lost. About the market prices, we have no control of that, and neither can we pretend and be naive. We're in such a select market and if we don't want to pay price X, someone else, such as Chelsea, United, Arsenal or Madrid, will, or the player stays (which the potential selling club will be happy with, either way)

Again, waiting and not being rushed is okay but to pretend that the current situation is all part of a master plan by the club is just not true. The reference will always be Haaland, but I'd argue that was such as an outlier, that chances of a player of that quality being available for such a cheap clause ever again, going by the current prices, is close to zero.

But anyway, still a month to go in the window, and I refuse to believe that even for a club that has shown to defy logic at times in the market, the current uncertainties around the squad with a week left to the start of the season, still remain in a month's time. So, bring it on.

If this is the case then certainly a beyond fair response and thanks. It’s the people blindly raging and referencing his current or former allegiance ad nauseam and dismiss everything as a result of it that are a bit ….much
It's also a bit of an exaggeration to suggest he said City fans in any kind of numbers were racist. He was questioning why Mahrez isn't as popular as some other players (which is true), and suggested a number of reasons. One was that maybe some fans didn't "relate" to him as a North African Muslim.

He also said straight away "Of course, that will not be a factor for many".

I honestly don't see how controversial that is. After all, we've just had weeks of being told that everyone loves Jack Grealish, and one of the most common words used is "relatable". Mahrez, as a North African Muslim clearly isn't going to be getting drunk and partying, and his interviews aren't going to be as "relatable" to the typical City fan = whether that makes him less loved by some is probably a reasonable point.

You could argue that there was no need to raise the point, as it's obvious that plenty of fans would be racist, but only because plenty of society is racist. I'd probably give him the benefit of the doubt as Riyad is unusually marmite - strangely in my opinion given he's always been one of our more effective and exciting players to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.