It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

have we finished our deals now or is there a surprise ending to this window I’m not being greedy but you never no.

Is it?

We've essentially lost 3 players (Gundo, Mahrez, Laporte) and signed 4 (Kovacic, Doku, Gvardiol & Nunes).

Palmer didn't play alot last season and his minutes will be replaced by Bobb you'd imagine. McAtee wasn't part of the squad and Cancelo left in January. Everybody else that we've sold / loaned out are academy players.

The KDB injury is a blow and that makes the squad look smaller, but he'll be back in January and will be a huge boost in the run in.

Overall I think we've had a strong window. Pep will be happy with what he has.
Laporte hardly played either.

People love a moan. The squad is stronger. The players leaving will be a year older and who is to say they could do the same again this year?

The squad needs a refresh. Players get older and leave.

Hopefully we have bought well.

I know this wouldn't happen but to try to fit in the new guys into one team... Play Rodri as a CB who gets forward. :-)
1693563847403.png

Does anyone else suspect that @BlueCityBrain is actually an artificial intelligence?
Excuse me?

This was an automated message
View attachment 92045

I've been told our recruitment is shite, and our board and footballing director are stupid and they need to go.

Full rebuild, with 15 million spent.
FYI -£15m means we MADE £15m. Its a Net of Spend (little confusing because in general business/accounting money in is a + and money out is - but with Netspend its the opposite). So its actually £30m better than you think ;)

When you look at the squad, you have to look at it not only in terms of numbers but in terms of how comfortable you would be with said players starting regularly.

For example, I'd be relatively comfortable relying on the following players:

Ederson, Ortega
Walker, Stones, Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol, Ake, Lewis
Rodri, Kovacic, Nunes, Bernardo, Foden, KDB
Haaland, Alvarez, Doku, Grealish

19 players (two of which haven't even made their debut) who I wouldn't wory about if I saw them on the team sheet. Then you have the likes of Gomez and Phillips who will fill out the bench, and Bobb as a prospect. Add in Carson, and it's a 23 man squad.

But KDB is injured until January at least. Stones, Kovacic and Doku are all prone to injury. Lewis is a teenager and his physicality is a slight concern.

Less than a month into the season and we've already had injuries, illnesses or fitness concerns with Stones, Akanji, Dias, Ake, Bernardo, KDB, Foden, Grealish and Alvarez.

Numbers wise, we're similar to last year. But have the changes improved the squad, or, at least until the new arrivals fulfil their potential, weakened it?

Laporte hardly played either.

People love a moan. The squad is stronger. The players leaving will be a year older and who is to say they could do the same again this year?

The squad needs a refresh. Players get older and leave.

Hopefully we have bought well.
We have quality players but have little depth. With KDB out til January we have 20 players to rely on and that includes the likes of Gomez, Lewis and Phillips

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.