It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Every deadline day I crave the adrenaline rush of Robinho signing and every deadline day I go to bed disappointed. This year will be different because I think every year will be different. Let's go City! Slap £150m on the table for Antony and lets shake things up

Good news I understand we are in talk to offer Phil Jones a short term deal….

You think Phillips won't get a single minute?

And you think the three of them won't get 1000 minutes combined?

Philips and Gomez alone had over 1600 minutes between them last year, so I'll happily take both those bets.

Phillips played 593 minutes last season of which 181 were in the league after it was won and we were concentrating on the cups. Since they he has had academy players picked ahead of him this season and we have signed 2 players in his position.

Pep might give him a token half in a CL dead rubber but for purposes of discussing squad depth he should be ignored.

Gomez played 356 minutes after January 2023 when Pep changed to the no fullbacks system, again 174 of them were after the league was won.

Obviously Bobb got zero minutes.

I stand by my comment that they will not reach 1000 minutes combined. Feel free to bookmark and gloat if I am wrong at the end of the season.

Cancelo was effectively replaced by Lewis
Gundo replaced by Kovacic
Mahrez replaced by Doku
Laporte replaced by Gvardiol
Palmer will hopefully be replaced by Bobb

That's everyone that left, so that leaves you with Nunes as an addition.

I see what you did there. 'Technically' might be stretching it, as both Cancelo and Lewis were here last season, and only one will be this year.

Technically, Nunes replaces Perrone so we are still evens pal.

Phillips played 593 minutes last season of which 181 were in the league after it was won and we were concentrating on the cups. Since they he has had academy players picked ahead of him this season and we have signed 2 players in his position.

Pep might give him a token half in a CL dead rubber but for purposes of discussing squad depth he should be ignored.

Gomez played 356 minutes after January 2023 when Pep changed to the no fullbacks system, again 174 of them were after the league was won.

I stand by my comment that they will not reach 1000 minutes combined. Feel free to bookmark and gloat if I am wrong at the end of the season.
You can't just give these sneaky "caveats" to justify your point. Phillips played minutes last season. Gomez played minutes last season. Palmer, who's replaced by Bobb in the squad, played minutes last season. You are arbitrarily discounting these minutes to make your point seem stronger.

You can't just give these sneaky "caveats" to justify your point. Phillips played minutes last season. Gomez played minutes last season. Palmer, who's replaced by Bobb in the squad, played minutes last season. You are arbitrarily discounting these minutes to make your point seem stronger.

I can when they are the relevant.

Do you think if we were fighting Arsenal to the last minute of the last game that Phillips or Gomez would have started any games or even seen the pitch? Of course they wouldn't.

I also would call signing two players in Phillips' position a 'caveat' but if you somehow think that doesn't put him two further places down the pecking order then I don't know what to say.

I won't get into the minutes debate but I will concur with EdersonsSmiley that Phillips, Gomez, and Bobb are not Champions of Europe viable depth...

Despite them being Champions of Europe?

This is provided we don’t pick up more injuries than last season.

Rumoured team from the guy on Twitter who usually gets it right
Ederson Walker Akanji Dias Ake Rodri
Kovatic Foden Alverez Doku Haaland
Think Bernardo might be given the match off due to his new baby and Gvardiol rested which is disappointing but still a good team. Makes you realise with stones, Kev, Bernardo and Gvardiol out and nunez to come in that we’re still bloody strong squad wise

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.