It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Well if Savio is loaned then we either need Bernardo to stay or buy a wide right forward. Maybe that could be Neto. Not convinced about Kimmich especially if Kovacic is staying, and it seems he is.
The way Bobb is playing for Norway on the right side, he might get the nod at this rate. Wouldnt surprise me

Even with the spaces, Pep wil still roll with 20-22 at most. I expect 3 in this summer, and all of those at the end to be out on loan till at least 2025
I think that may have to depend on how this season unfolds. He's currently operating with 18 senior players (excluding Carson and the fledglings), but with prolonged injuries to senior players that has often seen us down to the bare bones, and with the Euros this summer there is no guarantee that the same problems won't reoccur next season. If nobody key leaves, I think we may need to go up to 20 senior players and have Bobb, Lewis et al. making up the numbers.

I think that may have to depend on how this season unfolds. He's currently operating with 18 senior players (excluding Carson and the fledglings), but with prolonged injuries to senior players that has often seen us down to the bare bones, and with the Euros this summer there is no guarantee that the same problems won't reoccur next season. If nobody key leaves, I think we may need to go up to 20 senior players and have Bobb, Lewis et al. making up the numbers.
Be a shame if they have to rely on injuries to get minutes, Rico especially barely seen him this season.

It also depends on how versatile the players coming in are. Not many will be as versatile as Bernardo, for example.

Be a shame if they have to rely on injuries to get minutes, Rico especially barely seen him this season.
True, but he's still only 19 and played the most minutes of any player in the Champions League group games. His time will come. He was impacted by our failure to get a prolonged run in the League Cup, which was arguably down to the fact that we were minus Rodri and already worried about fielding senior players. I just think we'll need to add two senior players this summer and then deal with de Bruyne/Stones/Bernardo in 2025.

It also depends on how versatile the players coming in are. Not many will be as versatile as Bernardo, for example.
True. That's why I've always said that we should look for players that can cover our weaknesses and offer more across the pitch than simply look good in one position: Paqueta, Joelinton, and Savio.

True, but he's still only 19 and played the most minutes of any player in the Champions League group games. His time will come. He was impacted by our failure to get a prolonged run in the League Cup, which was arguably down to the fact that we were minus Rodri and already worried about fielding senior players. I just think we'll need to add two senior players this summer and then deal with de Bruyne/Stones/Bernardo in 2025.
Maybe, the new CL format doesnt allow for alot of leeway on dead rubbers though. Gonna be interesting juggle for Pep,

Maybe, the new CL format doesnt allow for alot of leeway on dead rubbers though. Gonna be interesting juggle for Pep,
I think Rico needs his body to catch up with his brain. He’s ready to play tactically, but he needs more physicality, hence he plays the lesser games at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.