It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Olise and Eze are nowhere near good enough for City.

They are like what Doku was at Rennes, and whilst I think Doku has a potentially decent future, I still think he needed a move up to a West Ham before we moved for him and committed around £50m for him.

The pressure at City as a forward player is ridiculous. A bad game and it could cost us a trophy.

Spurs will be the level they go to next.
Bit harsh this mate. Half of our team has come from clubs of a similar vein to Palace and Rennes.

Bit harsh this mate. Half of our team has come from clubs of a similar vein to Palace and Rennes.

I think this summer though mate we need to look at players in the same vain as we viewed the likes De Bruyne when we signed him, and Aguero etc..

De Bruyne was Bundesliga POTY at Wolfsburg and the in demand midfielder the summer we got him. Aguero was a well spoken about striker, Mahrez was winning leagues for Leicester and scoring and assisting double digits consistently.

Sane was tearing Real Madrid apart for Shalke at the Bernabeu at 18/19.

List can go on.

I think this summer we cannot mess about with maybes.. we have to get it absolutely spot on.

It's no coincidence that Gvardiol has been the primary success story from the last window. He was the only one who had shown it at the top level in the CL, Bundesliga and the World Cup. The rest hadn't done anything to note a move to City.

I think this summer though mate we need to look at players in the same vain as we viewed the likes De Bruyne when we signed him, and Aguero etc..

De Bruyne was Bundesliga POTY at Wolfsburg and the in demand midfielder the summer we got him. Aguero was a well spoken about striker, Mahrez was winning leagues for Leicester and scoring and assisting double digits consistently.

List can go on.

I think this summer we cannot mess about with maybes.. we have to get it absolutely spot on.
Especially as you'd expect Liverpool to be in transition.

Wirtz would be great but I think he will do another year.

List can go on.

It's no coincidence that Gvardiol has been the primary success story from the last window. He was the only one who had shown it at the top level in the CL, Bundesliga and the World Cup. The rest hadn't done anything to note a move to City.
I agree with you, just think it was a little harsh. Doku has changed the outcome of a couple games this season. For his fee, I think it was a good bit of business. We were missing his profile, and he's still so young.

I'd rather shoot for a Leao / Kvara (or even Sane...) than an Eze/Olise obviously, but not sure many better players exist? That could be available?

You can see from my recent posts in this forum the players I think we should be targeting, but only so many to go around for a club as strong as us. The Palace lads are probably of a similar quality to Raphina when he got his Barca move. If we can sign one for 60m in today's market, wouldn't hate it. But would aim higher certainly, which we surely are.

I have a feeling it'll be another year before we can get Wirtz or Musiala.

Not a release clause just Palace saying they will only entertain offers from 60m.

Eze has a 100m release clause in his contract after they wanted 90m from us last summer and he resigned.

Olise had a 35m clause and resigned but not sure what it is now/if he has one.

Olise and Eze are nowhere near good enough for City.

They are like what Doku was at Rennes, and whilst I think Doku has a potentially decent future, I still think he needed a move up to a West Ham before we moved for him and committed around £50m for him.

The pressure at City as a forward player is ridiculous. A bad game and it could cost us a trophy.

Spurs will be the level they go to next.
Utter bollox

Bakayoko, who turned 21 on April 20, now has 11 goals and 9 assists this season. Only players younger than him with better figures in the 'bigger' leagues are Wirtz and Bellingham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.