It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
This transfer window has damp squib written all over it.

I thought when we signed Silva so early we'd get our business done and dusted early but clearly that doesn't appear to be happening.

I wouldn't be surprised if we miss out on our main targets which would be inexcusable considering the deficiencies in the team.

giphy.gif

;-)

This transfer window has damp squib written all over it.

I thought when we signed Silva so early we'd get our business done and dusted early but clearly that doesn't appear to be happening.

I wouldn't be surprised if we miss out on our main targets which would be inexcusable considering the deficiencies in the team.

Are you watching Radiohead too?

Over 3 months since this thread started. Since then:

A keeper that was known by all and sundry, nothing that surprised anyone. Picked up by all major press links well before he signed.
A midfielder that came right out of the blue. Nobody called it. Therefore nobody on here had genuine, top-drawer inside info.

And a myriad of smoke and mirrors. I have never seen one solitary, genuine nugget of info on the transfer thread that gave advance notice of a player joining, that wasn't already ""out there". This thread is a classic example of "throw enough shit, some will stick". A doddle to play. If you've the time. Example of how to spin this out, if you can be arsed:

I've heard we are balls-deep for a quality centre-half but are now waiting for the player to make next move. Pep wants it, the player wants it...but two clubs playing hard-ball. If it falls through, we have major options lined up. Think Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga - but think the best, we're not messing this summer.

We've gone big on a very young, very good player. Mbappe? Maybe, but there are lots of avenues this could go down. Suffice to say, we are VERY serious about this. And others. (And these are mind-blowing stuff. Think big. Think VERY big ;-0 )

We are going all in for English players this season. Walker? He wants City, we want him, but Levvy is not playing ball. This could be a protracted transfer. But we have many irons as well as this (and many non-English for that matter - all are interested in us though - Pep is the key factor).

Anybody and everybody could have written all of the above. So, to the ITKs, put it on the line: who will we sign? Name it. No caveats such as "it's almost done, etc, it's always possible it could fall through" And name at least one NOBODY has thus far mentioned.

A keeper that was known by all and sundry, nothing that surprised anyone. Picked up by all major press links well before he signed.
A midfielder that came right out of the blue. Nobody called it. Therefore nobody on here had genuine, top-drawer inside info.

And a myriad of smoke and mirrors. I have never seen one solitary, genuine nugget of info on the transfer thread that gave advance notice of a player joining, that wasn't already ""out there". This thread is a classic example of "throw enough shit, some will stick". A doddle to play. If you've the time. Example of how to spin this out, if you can be arsed:

I've heard we are balls-deep for a quality centre-half but are now waiting for the player to make next move. Pep wants it, the player wants it...but two clubs playing hard-ball. If it falls through, we have major options lined up. Think Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga - but think the best, we're not messing this summer.

We've gone big on a very young, very good player. Mbappe? Maybe, but there are lots of avenues this could go down. Suffice to say, we are VERY serious about this. And others. (And these are mind-blowing stuff. Think big. Think VERY big ;-0 )

We are going all in for English players this season. Walker? He wants City, we want him, but Levvy is not playing ball. This could be a protracted transfer. But we have many irons as well as this (and many non-English for that matter - all are interested in us though - Pep is the key factor).

Anybody and everybody could have written all of the above. So, to the ITKs, put it on the line: who will we sign? Name it. No caveats such as "it's almost done, etc, it's always possible it could fall through" And name at least one NOBODY has thus far mentioned.

Why so other clubs can get a sniff?

Feels like you were bursting to say that. I'd give you a Bud/Guinness after typing all that out.

Ha, been mad busy with work today so not even sure where the excitement about someone being at CFA came from?!

Ric, Sam (goal) posted something on twitter saying something was happening today and he said he got it from his "source".....and the rumours just got bigger and bigger as the day went on!;)

Ha, if you want cast iron guarantees about signings then you should probably just read the OS. Always baffles me when people complain in this thread. If it irks you, why read it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.