It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better to be paying £50k a week to him playing elsewhere than the whole £125k a week anyway, so I'm not too bothered to be honest.

Who's paying him that? He's on 80K per week plus incentives like 80% of our squad are. And let's be honest, he's not getting any incentives, is he.

Mangala's probably been Valencia's best player this season, despite the red card this weekend he's been playing like the player we were interested in. If they can't pay the £16m then someone else definitely will. Wages might be a speed bump but I get the sense he'd rather play for less than waste the best years of his career for a slightly larger paycheck.

Bony seems to be getting pretty upset about not playing for Stoke, so I'm optimistic that he'll want to find a new permanent home and not a loan club. His record for Swansea should be enough to make people take a punt on him.

His time at Swansea was years ago. Clubs will look at his awful goal scoring record for us and the fact he can't get in the Stoke team ahead of a 36 year old Peter Crouch. He is also being a stubborn twat refusing a move to China cos he wants to stay in England. He's got 2 years left on his contract and he seems like the sort who is perfectly content to just let that run down.

Despite all the hype the Everton fans I know have mixed views of him. He'd cost a fee way beyond his ability. Can't see him coming to us. I can see him at the Rags for £100m.
If I'm being fair, he is a very good player, but I strongly believe he'll be Shit in our system.

People whinning about Aguero's ball control now or Dzeko's "bricks for boots" from a few years back, would wish they had those 2 compared to Lukaku. He is a human possession Losing machine. Folks will be balling their eyes out in frustrstion. This guy's technique outside the box is horrendous.

And that's being nice.

No to Lukaku for me. Poor touch.

If we want a striker who is a little different what about trying Unal. Scores with head & both feet as well as having a decent first touch.

If I'm being fair, he is a very good player, but I strongly believe he'll be Shit in our system.

People whinning about Aguero's ball control now or Dzeko's "bricks for boots" from a few years back, would wish they had those 2 compared to Lukaku. He is a human possession Losing machine. Folks will be balling their eyes out in frustrstion. This guy's technique outside the box is horrendous.

And that's being nice.

Agreed which is why this is a non-starter in my book. Not sure why Tolmie thinks this is a possibility. Pep doesn't seem to be the type to sign a player just because they performed well against us.

Lukaku is definitely a player who benefits greatly from his strength, that touch of his would look way worse if he was weaker. I have great issues with players like this as they'll be exposed in a passing centric side and especially a Pep side ( Hello Bony ). However, I don't see him being any worse than Dzeko so it wouldn't be a terrible acquisition. Then again it probably would for anything over what we paid for Dzeko. Testing Unal out in the summer would sit better with me or hopefully Mbappe like Tommie alluded to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.