It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bertrand is a good player.

If the links are correct, and I believe we have liked him for a couple of years, it will be him And Mendy.

Very strong back up.

As for the claims why would he, why the fuck wouldn't he, even in a World Cup year.

He started out at Chelsea, he backs himself and we are one of the biggest clubs in the world with the manager worthy of the name.

Strength in depth is the policy.

Mendy still first choice then tolm?

Bertrand is a good player.

If the links are correct, and I believe we have liked him for a couple of years, it will be him And Mendy.

Very strong back up.

As for the claims why would he, why the fuck wouldn't he, even in a World Cup year.

He started out at Chelsea, he backs himself and we are one of the biggest clubs in the world with the manager worthy of the name.

Strength in depth is the policy.

I like this

Only thing is we didn't need to mean business in Silva's position, we've now got three (four including Gundogan) world class players there plus two promising youth players to come through over the next couple of years. In no way am I moaning about the B. Silva signing, I just believe that money should've been spent in our problem positions which are GK and full back and not attacking midfield.

Bertrand is a decent player but I would've thought he'd be brought in as back up at best. I'd be pretty underwhelmed if after 4 years of having Clichy and Kolarov at LB, we replace them with Bertrand. It's not exactly the world class upgrade we all hoped for, and certainly not showing that we mean business.
You're leaning against an open door with me. But as we all say - early days.

Mendy still first choice then tolm?

I would suggest the reports from France are closer to the mark than some over here!

When France games are finished, things will move.

We've still got people flapping on Ederson FFS.

Walker, Mendy, these guys have been worked on for months and City will deliver.

As for VVD, nothing more than a note of interest.

Enjoy your day.

I would suggest the reports from France are closer to the mark than some over here!

Enjoy your day.

Great stuff!

Enjoy your day.

This one's for you, @dillbi95

Thanks Tolm, will it be Bonucci, Laporte or another? :)

I love how Mendy is now the best left back in the world according to some on here and Bertrand is no better than Michael fucking Ball. I'm sure it's a case of if his from a foreign league even though i've seen him twice he's the best thing ever syndrome. I doubt most posters have watched him half a dozen times.
Bertrand is excellent, home grown and a damn site cheaper, if it's buying both great, if only Bertrand then fine, he's good enough and can also play in a back .

Very strong back up.

Hope you are right. I thought he left Chelsea to be a first choice player would he come to City knowing he is a 2nd choice? IF we get both great business from City.

I havent watched much of Mendy or Bertrand does anyone know if they can play any other positions besides LB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.