It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are very guilty of not giving players time to settle. This goes back decades. Someone is already having a pop at Mendy in his thread, believe it or not.

bravo had a bad season imho however i dont think it was helped by the players not understanding peps instructions. when he first came it was like they had to pass it back to him at almost every opportunity instead of if needed. this allowed team to press higher up (spurs was a prine example) and close evryone down. this in turn made him make a few mistakes earlier on in his city career and probably knocked his confidence. which led to a dramatic decline in such a short space of time. who knows after a giod tournament he may have regained his confidence and become the the keeper he was. remember form is temporary. class is permanent (which sadly is the reason i dont play football anymore. cos im shit)

Some didn't want Hart replaced and they didn't want his replacement to surpass him so they booed and jeered him until he lost all confidence and then they looked right. Then they cheered him being replaced with a different goalkeeper they had previously slated. They ignore all evidence that Bravo to replace Hart was on paper an improvement (and they had similar seasons last year).

Luckily Ederson can have a similar season and be brushed off as a learning curve, adaptation period, no protection because he's young and he's replacing a keeper we want rid of.

I didn't want Hart to be replaced, I saw other positions such as full back as more of a problem than the keeper situation. However once Hart was gone and Bravo was in between the sticks, I wanted nothing but success for him and the team.

The only issue I see with fans where Bravo is concerned, is the attitude of some of those who supported him who just wont let it go. Last season it was all "he will come good" and "he will prove you wrong" and because he didn't its now "Its the boo boys fault". It will soon be a new season and hopefully he will turn things round if he is still at the club but lets not re-write the past 12 months, he was an unmitigated disaster and it wasn't the fault of the fans.

Nobody loved JO my friend, nobody.....
HomerSimpson-250x300.png
Dyou not think he may still come good?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.