It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griezmann is my dream signing, even though I know it's not going to happen.

He's genuinely the perfect player for us. He's world class, he's the right age at 27, can play all across the front 3. As a striker he gets a lot of goals in a goal shy side, and his link up, pressing, and creativity is on another level to Jesus and Aguero so he'd genuinely offer something new as well. He's also really good in the air for someone who's not that tall.
I really do hope we go balls deep for Griezmann. Think he would be the perfect addition and would slot into our style of play. He would also fill the void when Sergio goes back to Argentina to finish his career :-(

Even though he has been strongly linked with Barca surely Atletico would prefer to sell him to a different league and not further strengthen their direct competitors. Guess as usual it will all come down to the agents.

Dybala as a long term replacement for Aguero would be good this summer also think we need a fast centre back.

I really hope we finally sign a marquee player this summer, getting sick of watching other teams get those players..

I am actually quite happy slumming it with the Ederson, de Bruyne, Sane, Jesus, Walker, Mendy, Bernardo, and Sterlings of the world over someone Marquee like say...Sanchez.

Sane is better right now, no doubt about that, but I`ve seen several people who watch Bundesliga regularly that are claiming that Bailey at Leverkusen is better than Sane was for Schalke. Personally, I have not seen enough of Bailey to say who is the best, but Bailey is an amazing talent

Anybody saying that Sane was better then than Bailey is now is just trying to show off. They both are/were exceptional speedy wingers with the potential to become WC.

Last edited:
Didn’t mean anything bad by it. Of course our youngsters have improved massively and have world class potential. Right now our attackers are 23, 23, 22, 21 and 29. We need an experienced player for balance and to provide real competition, not another 20 year old.

Can you explain why. See this all the time. Why? I think its a cliche. Last season's Monaco team agrees.

I suppose Angelino could come back next season and act as third choice.

I was thinking something more radical. How about Kompany plus cash for Fabinho. Walker would become a RCB for us while Fabinho would become our RB. On the other side I would maybe inquire about Bertrand to replace Delph. Delph has been great but the important thing now is to improve the squad.
Delph is better than Bertrand

Sane is better right now, no doubt about that, but I`ve seen several people who watch Bundesliga regularly that are claiming that Bailey at Leverkusen is better than Sane was for Schalke. Personally, I have not seen enough of Bailey to say who is the best, but Bailey is an amazing talent
Yeah! It's not wvee close. Sane showed flashes of potential, Bailey is showing production.

Can you explain why. See this all the time. Why? I think its a cliche. Last season's Monaco team agrees.

ya disagree we need more experienced players. i think with pep in charge of player development + the prospects we have right now and the fact they're already producing at a high level... more experienced vets taking too many minutes could hamper sane, jesus, sterlings development. they need to be key figures who take the ball in high pressure situations. let them grow. theyve shown enough this season that theyre ready. bailey or mbappe all day for me... hazard would want too much of the ball. this season wouldve been cool to see sanchez and aguero together but that train has passed... add to the young core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.