It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Angelino, I've not seen him this season but seems to be doing pretty well in Holland and would be a more like for like cover for Mendy, and mean Delph could stay.
Think he's leading the league in chances created. I think Maffeo is more highly thought of, but maybe both will be coming back.

Whilst Angelino and Matteo have impressed during their respective loans, I don’t quite understand why everyone is seemingly keen to see Danilo and Zinchenko leave. They have both made a positive contribution to what has been a marvellous season.

From my perspective, they are both better suited to the Champions’ League than Walker and Delph. In my view, Danilo is a better technical player than Walker.

Whilst Angelino and Matteo have impressed during their respective loans, I don’t quite understand why everyone is seemingly keen to see Danilo and Zinchenko leave. They have both made a positive contribution to what has been a marvellous season.

From my perspective, they are both better suited to the Champions’ League than Walker and Delph. In my view, Danilo is a better technical player than Walker.
Not everyone. I think Maffeo isn't any better than Danilo, and Angelino is playing in a very weak league, arguably worse than Championship. Hardly an upgrade on Danilo and Zinny. Wouldn't be surprised if both are sold this summer.

I agree.

100% Second this, especially when packing the midfield Danilo is a much better option tucking in than Walker

Simple. Last year Monaco had a one off season.

The reason why we need an expierenced player is to push Sane, Sterling and Bernardo to improve even further. I don’t think Bailey can do this right now but players like Mahrez surely can. Bailey scores, goes missing for a few weeks, scores again and so on. It’s not what we need, not at all.

Plus with Bailey, his agent and adoptive father as well iirc, is exactly the virus we don’t need at our club. He is a Seluk type agent and with such an influence on Bailey, I would be surprised Pep is interested.

The father/agent said this a few days ago: "They put him on the bench. They put him on at left-back. They don't pass to him. The opponent double teams him. They kick him down. "What does he do? Gets up and put the free kick in the back of the damn net."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leon-baileys-future-bayer-leverkusen-12391049

Openly criticizing the manager, and team mates is something we don’t need in our club.

Bailey would be left out of a big game and we would hear such comments.

Really don’t see such a move happening.

Ok...

So did we just have a one off season this season?

Is Mahrez really going to push Sterling, Sane, and Bernardo. All three are already better than him IMO.

The rest is a Strawman argument (A Strawman argument is when you take something that everyone agrees on (like Bailey is risky because of his attitude) and use it to argue a completely unrelated point (like you need experienced players to push the younger members of the squad).

At this point I still haven't heard anything to suggest we need to go for an experienced player.

Ok...

So did we just have a one off season this season?

Is Mahrez really going to push Sterling, Sane, and Bernardo. All three are already better than him IMO.

The rest is a Strawman argument (A Strawman argument is when you take something that everyone agrees on (like Bailey is risky because of his attitude) and use it to argue a completely unrelated point (like you need experienced players to push the younger members of the squad).

At this point I still haven't heard anything to suggest we need to go for an experienced player.

A one off season is just that. Monaco won the league last year and won’t win it again anytime soon. Leicester won the league and had a one off season and won’t win it again any time soon. We won it this year and are likely to win it next year again thus it’s not a one off....

Ideally we would get Griezmann but it’s unlikey. You sign expierenced players to complement young players. Pep is obviously thinking the same as he has went in hard for Sanchez and Mahrez, both are guess what?? Experienced players...

My main point is that we need to buy an attacking player that will push our youngsters to improve further. Ideally they should be at their level or better. This can be accomplished by experienced players I.e Mahrez and Griezmann or top young players like Mbappé.

That may be but Zinchenko will almost certainly go to free up a non homegrown spot for a wide forward I think Danilo will stay but Angelino gives us cover for Mendy without the need for Danilo or Delph leaving to free up a space in the homegrown and non homegrown lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.