It's the deadwood from the previous 2 regimes....

There is a lot of deadwood from the last 3 regimes, not least that not one of our last 3 managers could identify a decent striker (or keep them fit). Without Robinho, the lack of talent up top is frightening.

Whilst Hughes isn't to blame for signing the strikers we have, he has some responsibility for not buying a main striker in the summer (we knew Jo wasn't an out and out front man, so he should have known too).

Given his own style of play, I think it is fair that we had hoped he may have been able to do something with the players he inherited but he clearly can't. Playing Vassell worried me in pre-season and I'm more concerned about it now.

In other positions, I question his decisions to play players out of their best positions, notably when he has played SWP centrally and Ireland wide and I still don't know how even a half-fit Ned isn't seen as a better defender that TBH (& probably Micah too at the moment).

I was in the "give him time to sort it out camp" before Thursday but my patience is almost worn-out. The only reasons I can see for not getting rid now is that any replacement may not be a good long-term choice, will probably be a newcomer to the Premiership and won't be ready for the transfer window. However, is it worse than carrying on like this? To be brutally honest I'm torn, if someone like Hiddink would come now, I'd change but if not, I'm not sure.

RobsondeSouza said:
Oh fuck off prick, this clown Hughes has made 5 signings plus has had £52m spent for him on Robinho and Jo and still your making excuses for the tosser. The problem is MH surley even a dumb **** like you can see that.
And you actually believe that Jo and Robinho were Hughes signings? He didnt have a choice in either.

Dubai Blue said:
RobsondeSouza said:
Oh fuck off prick, this clown Hughes has made 5 signings plus has had £52m spent for him on Robinho and Jo and still your making excuses for the tosser. The problem is MH surley even a dumb **** like you can see that.
Wow, you sound like a pleasant, well-rounded chap.

Brilliant brilliant reply.

RobsondeSouza posts consist of:-

A) Sack Hughes
B) Expect announcement soon
C) Not acknowledging any problems hughes has inherited
D) Not posting in the day as he is at school

Del_Bosque said:
And both Pearce and Eriksson managed to keep us out of the drop zone.
Sounds like the manager to me.

You think with Sven we wouldn't be struggling now? You do remember the end of last season don't you.

I remember the end of last season the players were going to go on strike because frank wasn't paying the wages as he was skint and if it weren't for Wardell we would well and truelly be fecked.

So your wonder why they under performed the second half of last year, you know with not getting paid and the manger basically getting the sack in febuary ?.

coxtheblue said:
Dubai Blue said:
Wow, you sound like a pleasant, well-rounded chap.

Brilliant brilliant reply.

RobsondeSouza posts consist of:-

A) Sack Hughes
B) Expect announcement soon
C) Not acknowledging any problems hughes has inherited
D) Not posting in the day as he is at school

His vocabulary and inflammatory style has obviously been stolen straight from Cartman off South Park as well.

BobKowalski said:
You mean deadwood like Caicado?

Kind of funny how the previous regimes did better with this 'deadwood' than the current one but there is no point arguing this any longer. We are in trouble. Never thought we would be but we are. We are better advised asking ourselves what we are going do about it going forward rather than obsessing about the past

Good point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.