Ivan Rakitic

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by blue ranger, 8 Jan 2017.

1. SPIDERBOY

SPIDERBOY

Dunno mate,but that reads to me as,they have to get rid of however many before they can extend Messi's contract.
    Unless..........

2. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

I guess every top level contract extension needs a stalking horse and ultimately if he lines himself up a very good alternative he will have to make a decision.

3. Kompany is King

Kompany is King

If we sign Rakitic will we still be looking to sign Julian Wiegl?

4. Akiva

Akiva

Barca have been dancing around the spending cap since Neymar's monstrous extension, but are starting to feel the heat.

Naturally seeing Neymar get more for nothing made other stars double down too, Messi and Suarez included.

Wouldn't surprise me if this is a play by Rakitic for the same, however Barcelona can't afford to keep this up and the possibility exists they will have to say no in this case.

I'm sceptical of just how interested we are, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it happening.

Doubtful,Wiegl is only 21 and would fit perfectly with the future superstar squad we are currently building.

Rakitic is an immediate fix to the problem of losing Gundogan, rather than anything long term.

5. bulldogblue

bulldogblue

Totally different type of players. Wiegl is very much an holding player that fills the gap whereas Rakitic is more of a workhorse of a midfielder who can score goals.
    Wiegl long term fit whilst Rakitic would be more short term to fill the gap left by Gundogan.

6. mat

mat

Official Gimp to The Rat that Barks
    31 pages on an agent using us to get a new contract for his player.

We'd be taking the piss on the rags thread if it involved them.

7. karen7

karen7

Juventus are interested in Ivan Rakitic - some Juventus players are trying to convince him to join the club in a Whatsapp group. [The Sun]

Rakitic has told Alves, Mandzukic and Pjaca of rifts at Barcelona - he was dropped as a result and is questioning his future. [The Sun]

Rakitic would reject moves from City, United and Juventus in order to stay at Barcelona if Luis Enrique leaves in summer. [The Sun

8. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

Now you're just trying to get us all dyslexic.

9. Thaksinssoldier

Thaksinssoldier

For all we know our boys haven't even talked to him. We're here to talk potential transfers and rumours abound. Of course it will be talked about ffs.

10. SPIDERBOY

SPIDERBOY

I say it all the time mate,under the header "Tranfer Forum"...it says "Rumours,Gossip and Speculation"...and that's all them 31 pages are.