Jack Rodwell

I read his interview in the mail which is the typical football player scripted interview from their agent bs.

"it's not about the money I just want to play "

Sounds exactly the same as Wayne Bridge said in similar circumstances here whilst turning down loan moves.

He obviously has a right to collect his salary, I wouldn't turn down 70 grand a week either for football training.

However, the "I just want to play football" narrative is completely false.

Ok I'll probably get a load of shit for this, but I believe him when her says that he wants to play football.

When I watched him during his time at City, I saw a talented player who was totally let down by his body . If you are a professional footballer / athlete / whatever and your body let's you down as regularly as his does , it must be heartbreaking. Obviously the money they are paid means that they don't get much sympathy from fans, but they aren't all like Alexis Sanchez who is very forunate that he doesn't have the physical issues which Rodwell wexperiences,

I remember being at Villa Park for the Charity Shield when we signed him and thinking “what a fucking shit signing” and so it proved. What on earth Sunderland were thinking signing him with his record I have no idea.

I think we can call it a “Txiki Blinder”.

And to round of a great transfer window, we signed Scott Sinclair a couple of weeks later.

Rodwell even used the following quote when he signed and our website published it....

“Man City are a massive club”

Ha ha. What were we thinking that summer.

And to round of a great transfer window, we signed Scott Sinclair a couple of weeks later.

Rodwell even used the following quote when he signed and our website published it....

“Man City are a massive club”

Ha ha. What were we thinking that summer.
You’ve misunderstood what I meant, a “Txiki Blinder” for flogging him to the Mackems for a good price.

I read his interview in the mail which is the typical football player scripted interview from their agent bs.

"it's not about the money I just want to play "

Sounds exactly the same as Wayne Bridge said in similar circumstances here whilst turning down loan moves.

He obviously has a right to collect his salary, I wouldn't turn down 70 grand a week either for football training.

However, the "I just want to play football" narrative is completely false.

Thing is in order to collect his 70k a week, he has to say that he's available to play otherwise they'd do like we did with Tevez and not pay him when he was off playing golf...

Ok I'll probably get a load of shit for this, but I believe him when her says that he wants to play football.

When I watched him during his time at City, I saw a talented player who was totally let down by his body . If you are a professional footballer / athlete / whatever and your body let's you down as regularly as his does , it must be heartbreaking. Obviously the money they are paid means that they don't get much sympathy from fans, but they aren't all like Alexis Sanchez who is very forunate that he doesn't have the physical issues which Rodwell wexperiences,
Well I will believe he wants to play when I see him take a wage cut or pay as you play contact to do it. Nobody is going to pay him 70K a week.

I'm sure it is heart-breaking and all. However I'm sure the money is more important to him than playing.

It was the homegrown quota wasn’t it?
Shouldn't have been, nonce left, we had 3HG non Club trained and we brought Sinclair and Rodwell in, we didn't need 2 HG signings (Hart, Barry, Lescott +1, Micah club developed) he was a quality young player who was ruined by injuries, that's all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.