Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make it sound as though 'keeping the squad happy' was a trifling irrelevance. So what do you do when, given your reliance on said squad, fringe players such as Navas, Fernando et al, start beating a path to your door wanting to leave cos their match day opportunities are impacted by a couple of kids filling bench spots every week? The truth probably lies somewhere in between, and as an aside our absolutely relentless stinking luck with cup draws hasn't helped our cause any

It's relevant in the sense that we lose the plot when a kid wants to move on because of a lack of opportunity but accept that because we paid a fee for someone that we need to keep them happy, even if they have shown that they don't improve the team.

You're probably right in that it falls in between but having one youngster on the bench each week, just in case we are in a position to bring them on, doesn't seem too much to ask.

I'd look at my options as he is doing & unless there is a change of policy, more & more will do each year.

Or, on the positive side, as Pep is now including the likes of Foden & Diaz in first team training and if he starts to play them occasionally, more and more will want to come to City and to stay. But as others have said, you will want the last (and negative) word so this is my last post.

Or he has had enough journeymen in the squad he needed to get rid of, that he has no time to bother searching for loan players & is putting all his efforts into the younger ones currently at the club.

Virgil Van Dijke was brought to the Prem on the strength of his SPL performances & appears to be better than almost everyone else in that position.

Luis Suarez came from Holland. There have been good & shit players in both leagues.

Of course there is the odd exception, but I'm not getting into an argument with you, as its pointless. You never accept any other position than yours is the right one, but if you are seriously arguing that Pep, with all his well known studying of the game, hasn't watched/had watched enough of Denayer and Roberts, and concluded that they aren't ready/likely to be ready soon, for the PL/CL, then that's just being contrary for the sake of it.

I hope he is putting all his efforts into the younger ones at the club, and that it will come to fruition, but the question was raised about these 2 and my comments are orely about those 2.

As for Sancho, and this is a thread dedicated to him, he's being badly advised imho, and the last thing a 16/17 year old should be doing is going on strike, even those clubs who are interested should take note, its one thing a pro at 25 doing it, but at 16/17 its just stupidity, either on his part, or on that of his advisors, imho.

+1 Great post - my thoughts exactly RE Pep 's ability to assess the youngsters and make the right decision. But you're not allowed to disagree with this guy.

Or, on the positive side, as Pep is now including the likes of Foden & Diaz in first team training and if he starts to play them occasionally, more and more will want to come to City and to stay. But as others have said, you will want the last (and negative) word so this is my last post.

Even that's bollocks.

You posted another one.

Of course there is the odd exception, but I'm not getting into an argument with you, as its pointless. You never accept any other position than yours is the right one, but if you are seriously arguing that Pep, with all his well known studying of the game, hasn't watched/had watched enough of Denayer and Roberts, and concluded that they aren't ready/likely to be ready soon, for the PL/CL, then that's just being contrary for the sake of it.

I hope he is putting all his efforts into the younger ones at the club, and that it will come to fruition, but the question was raised about these 2 and my comments are orely about those 2.

As for Sancho, and this is a thread dedicated to him, he's being badly advised imho, and the last thing a 16/17 year old should be doing is going on strike, even those clubs who are interested should take note, its one thing a pro at 25 doing it, but at 16/17 its just stupidity, either on his part, or on that of his advisors, imho.

You're missing the point with Denayer though. Surely going on loan is about proving to your parent club that you deserve a shot in the first team? No one expects any youngster to walk into the first team. However if you go out on loan, cement your place in the first team, win young player of the year award, then surely you've proven you're at least deserving of a chance in the first team once you return? Even if the manager has his doubts, the negative message it sends to the rest of the academy isn't worth the risk of giving some competitive minutes to said player. Coupled with that we were actually weak in that position!

It's bad management full stop. it might have been the right one regarding the actual player, we will never know, but it seems the club didn't consider the bigger picture or the impact it could have on future kids weighing up their career paths at a later date.

Jadon will 100% read this forum. I'll remind him that in the City TV video he came to escape the hood, and while I admire his honesty thats not a reason to go back to London. Dont throw it all away by getting into trouble. Stay Humble like AJ says, work hard, make amemds for your poor show v Chelsea, then if your talent wins the youth cup, Pep will be ready to welcome you. If Foden and Diaz get their chance before you it is due to attitude, and courage. Be a leader to the youth team in their absence not a bad example.

Jadon will 100% read this forum. I'll remind him that in the City TV video he came to escape the hood, and while I admire his honesty thats not a reason to go back to London. Dont throw it all away by getting into trouble. Stay Humble like AJ says, work hard, make amemds for your poor show v Chelsea, then if your talent wins the youth cup, Pep will be ready to welcome you. If Foden and Diaz get their chance before you it is due to attitude, and courage. Be a leader to the youth team in their absence not a bad example.
100 % Jadon be a legend at City.

From the outside looking in, it seems odd that he would leave when close to the 1st team, but no one at City is I hope going to do a Sterling on him. He'll make a decision based on the opportunities he has before him.

Anyone know what's going on here all has gone quiet, hopefully he will come to his senses and will want to continue his development here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.