James Milner

Train said:
A solid grafter who doesn't have much to fall back on when he's not playing well.

First touch, basic passing, crossing ability, and his composure all go missing when he's not on form. The only quality he has going for him is that he'll hustle for every play.

But at least he tries whereas our No.10 just wanders around the pitch when he's having a rough spell.

Utterly hopeless for the first hour or so, improved later on.

At least he played with a bit of heart in the last half hour, which is more than can be said of most.

Central midfield...he cant cross the ball.

runs for miles, mix it up in midfield. fuck Toure off

James Milner ... Continually out of position, runs around like he has not a clue what he is supposed to be doing. One good game in six.

First half - left wing

Kept wandering into the middle, when he was on the left, Cliche made the run past Milner on the outside, MIlner cut back onto his right foot lost the ball and now no defenders on the left, attack comes down our left. This continually happens with him. Left Cliche with no protection in front of him

Second Half, right wing

Again wandering all over the place, kept appearing on left or in the middle, midfield looking for someone on the right wing to pass to and no one there.
When he is on the right, he cuts back in and chips the ball aimlessly with his left foot. Left Zabba with no protection in front of him

Free Kicks - when he does take them, no pace on the ball, doesn't pick out anyone , no direction, no clue

Effort - cant take issue with his effort, but if it is not channeled in the right places then its wasted effort. Plenty of that as always with him.

He is not a winger, he should concentrate on what he is good at protecting the full backs. Like he did against United, he didn't play well then either but at least he offered some defensive cover to the full back

Final ball is terrible, keeps trying flicks that don't come off, similar to Jovetic in that sense. Works hard, but has to offer more than that.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Good in the Prem. Not so good in Europe for me.

As i've always said, from the sublime to the ridiculous far too often with Jimmy. He goes in the "get rid" basket with Dzeko and co for me.

call me old fashioned but i think it would be a bad idea to get rid of one our best players so far this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.