James Trafford | Signed by Burnley for £19m

That is also shocking, how can they not find these guys a better standard of football than that.

The wankers across the road who had players playing at England u19/21 level would get a loan in the championship or at least league 1 or 2 and when that player doesn't make the grade they always got top dollar for their youth.
With keepers, if you imagine all clubs used to just have just 2 and the youth keeper and now they all have 3 and a couple of youth keepers. So just in the top 2 tiers that is 44 more '3rd' keepers in the higher levels of the game meaning less opportunity for young keepers to go out in loan to top 2 tier clubs unless exeptional.
Can be a good move. Ben Foster signed for Stoke from Racing Club Warwick and never played for Stoke but went on loan at Tiverton, Stafford Rangers and Kidderminster before signing for the rags!

With keepers, if you imagine all clubs used to just have just 2 and the youth keeper and now they all have 3 and a couple of youth keepers. So just in the top 2 tiers that is 44 more '3rd' keepers in the higher levels of the game meaning less opportunity for young keepers to go out in loan to top 2 tier clubs unless exeptional.
Can be a good move. Ben Foster signed for Stoke from Racing Club Warwick and never played for Stoke but went on loan at Tiverton, Stafford Rangers and Kidderminster before signing for the rags!

True enough, it just sounds disappointing lol He should come back to his local team their keeper is shit and there is the crux of the problem as I think even Carlisle have 3 keepers, 2 of them are shit though lol

Plenty of keepers went on loan to non-league clubs as teenagers. Nick Pope and Ben Foster both played at even lower levels than Moulden when they were his age, and Pickford played in the league above. Unless you’re a special talent like Bazunu you aren’t going to get a loan at a league club at 18.
You mention Moulden twice? Is it him or the guy Trafford, who we are talking about?

Kidderminster and Wrexham were Football League clubs when Foster was at Stoke and when he joined them lot he was loaned out to Watford.

Last edited:
You mention Moulden twice? Is it him or the guy Trafford, who we are talking about?

Moulden is the kid at Gloucester City who you seemed shocked was on loan there. James Trafford is still with us and plays for the EDS

Moulden is the kid at Gloucester City who you seemed shocked was on loan there. James Trafford is still with us and plays for the EDS
My mistake then, just crossed wires with talking about one keeper and MES asking about Moulden as well, for some reason I thought the other guy was talking about Trafford, which is why I thought it was more shocking tbh as I had heard good things about him and him being a keeper in the style that Pep likes ie good with his feet, didn't think that kind of keeping would be encouraged further down the football pyramid.

Nick Pope was actually owned by Bury Town at the same age as Trafford and Moulden they were in Level 7 of the pyramid. Probably shows its important for keepers to be playing in the mens game at any level to build up experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.