January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From one of the other threads I'd updated how good our long term strategy is looking in comparison to the swamp:

Signed to 3 years of more:
City: KDB, Sane, Zinchenko, Jesus, Otamendi, Walker, Danilo, Stones, Ederson, Silva, Mendy,
United: Pogba, Lindelof, Lingaard, Periera, McTominay, Lukaku

Out of contract summer 2019:
City: Mangala and Kompany
United: Valencia, Mata, Darmian, De Gea, Rojo, Herrera, Smalling, Jones, Martial.

6 months left:
City: Toure
United: Fellaini, Young, Shaw, Carrick and Ibra

And that's the thing, just 2 years ago we heard about how we have an aging squad that needs a massive overhaul. We've done most of that in just 2 or 3 transfer windows. If the prices for players remain where they at or go up, the rags will certainly be spending more than we do over the next two or three seasons. The contracts you mention are important because it means we only need to tinker with the squad each window and bring in the absolute biggest needs, whereas the rags will have to decide which positions they prioritize.

Did Pep hint to buying a left back today?
Not really, just highlighted it's a big problem and one they players will have to help out with to whoever covers (Zin/Danilo or anyone else). The unanswered question is what is wrong with Delph. If similar to Jesus, he might be back in a month! Ok, not ideal but we can cover a month?!
Even with Delph back, fans are cautious if he can play till Mendy is back. I'd gamble if it meant a better summer signing.

I want us to go into next season with a squad looking like this;

Ederson, Gunn/Rulli

Walker, Maffeo
Stones, Kompany
Otamendi, Hernández
Mendy, Sessegnon

Fernandinho, Fred
Silva, Silva
De Bruyne, Foden

Sterling, Brahim
Agüero, Jesus
Sane, Bailey

It would probably cost £180 million with around £100mill on outgoings for Roberts, Delph, Gündoğan, Mangala, Danilo, Bravo and Zinchenko(plus any other Kids etc)

Last edited:
I want us to go into next season with a squad looking like this;

Ederson, Gunn/Rulli

Walker, Maffeo
Stones, Kompany
Otamendi, Hernández
Mendy, Sessegnon

Fernandinho, Fred
Silva, Silva
De Bruyne, Foden

Sterling, Brahim
Agüero, Jesus
Sane, Bailey

It would probably cost £180 million with around £100mill on outgoings for Roberts, Delph, Gündoğan, Mangala, Danilo, Bravo and Zinchenko(plus any other Kids etc)
Decent enough squad, but I don't think Gundogan is going just yet.

Decent enough squad, but I don't think Gundogan is going just yet.

I know but I don’t think he gets the ball forward quick enough for me so I’d rather give game time to Foden, Díaz and Silva more game time ready for the day that Lord David takes his final Bow.

Gundogan I feel still has a major role to play. A great squad player and with David Silva in his 30s Gudogan can do Silvas role too and has shown this season at times when he has a run of games. I feel he may get a few more games in the coming months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.