January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Goretzka said his future will be decided in January. We should make a move for him now.

January Window

Inigo Martinez-£26m covers CB and LB
Goretzka- £10-15m covers DM as well as “free 8” positions

We see how often Fernandinho gets into attacking positions. DM in our game plan is completely different than playing DM for Dortmund or Chelsea for example. When we have 70%+ possession of the ball it’s important our DM has attacking qualities as well. Goretzka would be perfect and getting him in January would be a master stroke.

OUT: Mangala and Yaya
Thiaceven works better than my plan. Except I'd add Sanchez.

While I agree with Martin's that Sanchez is not the best Sub for Sane/Sterling. We really need one and the front 3 will be set.

I'd prefer Bruma or Martin's personally but Pep seems set on Sanchez.

Sanchez, Martinez, Gotetzka.

His future Wil be decided but not his move necessarily. Pre contract in January. Move in the summer.

Thiaceven works better than my plan. Except I'd add Sanchez.

While I agree with Martin's that Sanchez is not the best Sub for Sane/Sterling. We really need one and the front 3 will be set.

I'd prefer Bruma or Martin's personally but Pep seems set on Sanchez.

Sanchez, Martinez, Gotetzka.

Those 3 would be amazing. Martinez and Goretzka now. We win the title and Sanchez joins to “shake up” the team a little.

Those 3 would be amazing. Martinez and Goretzka now. We win the title and Sanchez joins to “shake up” the team a little.
Was thinking the other way round. Martinez and Sanchez now and Goretzka in the summer to learn and take over the DM position

I was unaware of this rule. Thanks for enlightening me. This does raise some doubt in my mind that we will get him now. If PSG come in it would be hard to say no to them and they can offer him trophies and a far bigger salary.

If Sanchez does choose somebody else do we still go for another forward or do we give a chance to the younger players?
I think it's too early to rely on Diaz, and Aguero's contract expires in 2019. So 1-2 new forwards in 2 years are probably a must. There's an upcoming wave of youth talent in Germany and France, guess City will try to fish in that pond.

But an experienced striker/inside forward that guarantees goals here and now is needed as well. I don't see any good alternatives to Sanchez. Griezmann, maybe? Who else would you buy?

Out
Bravo
Mangala
Toure

In
Wiegl - best fernandinho successor IMO
Gunn
Iñigo Martinez
Sanchez on free

Keep Delph at back up left back and see how Mendy does after the injury first before buying another left back.

I think it's too early to rely on Diaz, and Aguero's contract expires in 2019. So 1-2 new forwards in 2 years are probably a must. There's an upcoming wave of youth talent in Germany and France, guess City will try to fish in that pond.

But an experienced striker/inside forward that guarantees goals here and now is needed as well. I don't see any good alternatives to Sanchez. Griezmann, maybe? Who else would you buy?

But I am not sure that you are correct about needing an experienced forward. I feel the players we have are doing a very good job right now. Plus bringing in someone now might disrupt the team spirit we have. I just feel that we have an established forward line in Sterling- Aguero/Jesus-Sane .Bringing in another big name, expensive forward NOW would be disruptive. I am all for bringing in a new forward in the summer to shake things up but right now everyone is playing so well. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Keep Delph at back up left back and see how Mendy does after the injury first before buying another left back.

Buying a left back is a bigger priority than CB for me. If Delph gets injured we have Danilo and Walker as our only FB options for 4 competitions (if we beat Leicester). Buying a left back would mean we could rotate Walker a lot more with Danilo, and Delph can cover for Fernandinho as Yaya isnt good enough unfortunatley.

January for me: Van Dijk, Bertrand. Sanchez on a free in the summer.

my ideal signing for incoming transfer window - Van Dijk, Bertrand and Sanchez.
if Pep can sign them all, we will win both the league and UCL.
the problem is, there's only one more slot left for non homegrown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.