Javi Martinez

I wouldn't want him at CB as I don't think he's very good there, but as the man at the base of our midfield I think he'd be great

The key is that his ball retention is excellent and he rarely misplaces a pass.... and we also won't play anywhere near as high next year, simply because we won't need to!

Agreed, playing a high line wouldn't make much sense considering the pace we have and our creative players thrive on using the space behind.
Playing a high line would not only nullify our strengths but would expose our weakness too.

I think some will confuse defending/pressing high up the field and defending with a high line.

Ricky Holden slow...

He'd be a decent squad player, although I feel it's probably a risk management exercise if komps has a break down, although flexibility is needed so al for this....
Ha! My uncle gave Ricky Holden a slap many years ago after he'd called him shite and Holden replied "I pay more tax a week than you earn a month"

Why the fuck are people on here so obsessed with speed?

Did you see our back 4 when 1 on 1 with any of these below?
Which happens quite a lot the way Pep plays.
Last year Chelsea at home and Liverpool & Leicester away spring to mind - critical games we lost due to no pace at the back! (guessing Kompany wasn't fit for either game)

Mohammed Salah
Marcus Rashford
Jamie Vardy
Shane Long
Eden Hazard
Sadio Mane
Lanzinni...etc etc

We open a discussion here, we are debating whether he is good enough or not. But does anyone know the person who started this story? Maybe it's not true at all

The key is that his ball retention is excellent and he rarely misplaces a pass.... and we also won't play anywhere near as high next year, simply because we won't need to!

I don't even think he is desperately slow. He won't have great acceleration but those long legs get him around the park effectively enough and give him huge reach for sliding challenges, which he is good at. As someone just mentioned, he has a good football brain and speed of thought can often make up for lack of pace.

I'd be quite happy if he is the mystery "CB".

When I first glanced at the tweet I read it as Javi Garcia for some reason, that would have been a shock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.