Jesus Navas - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It suits him going forward as he has more space. When he plays as an out an out winger he runs out of space to run into and can't pick a pass as easily.

Exactly. Teams pay him very close attention as a winger but they just won't be able to do it to the same degree when he is a full back with a Sterling or KDB etc to occupy the opposing left back.

Last edited:
I love Navas and would like him to stay for a fifth season but (and I could be wrong on this) I get the impression that he just wants, and believes it is time, to finally go home. It saddens me to see him go but I hope he'll be happy back in Sevilla if that is where he ends up. His Wembley penalty, 14-second screamer and League Cup clincher will never be forgotten- by me at least.

As for today's performance- I thought he was fantastic. He made plenty of good tackles and interceptions, contributed going forward, battled through his injury and worked as hard as anyone. We can't underestimate how hard it is for a 5'8", 140-pound Spaniard to suddenly become a defender and play like he's been there his whole life.

If Navas does go then I'll wish him all the best back in Seville. He's been a real professional for us but it's probably best for both teams if he goes back.
Just this for me, We bought him at a time when we had no decent width , he was a significant part of our last title winning team and always worked hard.
However he is now 31 and we have better wingers and although he has done very well as a full back to learn all the defensive arts takes time and with a lot of players over 30 we need to lose some.
Done a good job for us down the years and hope he does well wherever he goes.

I love Navas and would like him to stay for a fifth season but (and I could be wrong on this) I get the impression that he just wants, and believes it is time, to finally go home. It saddens me to see him go but I hope he'll be happy back in Sevilla if that is where he ends up. His Wembley penalty, 14-second screamer and League Cup clincher will never be forgotten- by me at least.

As for today's performance- I thought he was fantastic. He made plenty of good tackles and interceptions, contributed going forward, battled through his injury and worked as hard as anyone. We can't underestimate how hard it is for a 5'8", 140-pound Spaniard to suddenly become a defender and play like he's been there his whole life.

Hear hear. For a guy who has/had serious homesickness he's never looked like he didn't want to be on the pitch giving 100% when others heads dropped, and I can't name a single negative headline to come out while he's been with us.

If he's to leave at the end of the season he has served us very well and should be looked on fondly.

His Wembley penalty, 14-second screamer and League Cup clincher will never be forgotten - by me at least.

Nor me. I'll be sorry to see him go. Works hard, never complains, there are worse qualities to have if you can't be a superstar.

Hear hear. For a guy who has/had serious homesickness he's never looked like he didn't want to be on the pitch giving 100% when others heads dropped, and I can't name a single negative headline to come out while he's been with us.

If he's to leave at the end of the season he has served us very well and should be looked on fondly.

Well said

he showed real appetite for the challenge of full back,, and he must be the fittest player in the premier league even in the 90th minute hes still charging down the flanks,its hard to expose him because he always recovers so quickly, involved in all 3 goals

Slightly off topic, but I wonder if there were any suspicious betting patterns regarding a City Foul Throw yesterday.
Clichy's got some form, but the one by Navas was comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.