Jesus Navas - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he got a new contract to play RB it wouldn't be the worst move.

But he's off home by all accounts and he deserves a clap for his effort and professionalism over the years.

If he got a new contract to play RB it wouldn't be the worst move.

But he's off home by all accounts and he deserves a clap for his effort and professionalism over the years.
He certainly does. He has been a model professional and a very useful squad player.

Pleased to see that Garth Crooks names Navas in his team of the week. Must be a first and well deserved.
I've read those every year since way before Navas arrived (no idea why) and I don't remember him being on there often- the Tottenham 6-0 is the only one I remember. Sané and Kompany too!

Been a very good servant to the club. Humble and hard working professional, no wonder Pep trusted him throughout the season. He's 31 now, though I won't mind us giving him 1 more year , but I think it's the best for both our youth and himself to part ways at the end of the season.

Pity Pep didn't try and play Navas at RB sooner. I know, all in hindsight. But Navas would be the first nor the last wingplayer turning out playing back.
So far I'm impressed with Navas. He is suited just because we hardly play a team that puts us under severe pressure. His attacking ability and pace are imo ideal for a RB in the way we play. As it is now and looking at the opposition I expect Navas to start at RB vs Arsenal and United.

Navas is the perfect example of a wide player,'winger' being very good and having a decent career, however he does have all the attributes of a modern right back and if he had been converted earlier in his career he could well have become world class in that position. At his age and without games experience in that position we see him getting caught out defensively, often chasing the ball inside and not holding the shape. Very good offensively and may well be worth keepsing for another season as back up or games we dominate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.