Jesus Navas

Name one, one other than Navas. All I'm asking.
I feel sick saying this, but Beckham wasn't exactly a goal machine... He was so adored for his creation (from open play at least)

As is Navas. Now I'm not saying Navas is without his flaws, of which he obviously has many at this level and we do need an upgrade, however he's still a very good player in my book, frustrating at times but I'd have him in any (realistic) squad in the world.

His end product is woeful but no one can fault his commitment and work rate for the team! Been a good signing has navas and was cheap for the price we paid.

I feel sick saying this, but Beckham wasn't exactly a goal machine... He was so adored for his creation (from open play at least)

As is Navas. Now I'm not saying Navas is without his flaws, of which he obviously has many at this level and we do need an upgrade, however he's still a very good player in my book, frustrating at times but I'd have him in any (realistic) squad in the world.

???? Beckham averaged 7/8 goals a season in the premier league, 10+ in all comps and however many assists. I'm not asking for Navas to be a goal machine by any stretch. 10 in all comps should be achievable easily.

His end product is woeful but no one can fault his commitment and work rate for the team! Been a good signing has navas and was cheap for the price we paid.

Agreed. We are now in a position where we need more. Gundogan won't add much, Yayas goals will be gone, and we are likely to play a one or three depending how you look at it but Navas would be classed as an attacking player in a Pep team and they have to contribute goals.

You are completely missing my point. I am not a Navas apologist. I think he is really good at one really limited thing. He is a traditional winger. Thats it. He is not a traditional winger with a good left foot who can cut inside and score. He is just a traditional winger. In that role (and that role only) he is not going to score and there is no expectation for him to. You can look at his whole career and see that. He is what he is.

Why MP decided to make him the guy who got the most minutes is beyond me...but he did. That is the problem, not Navas's ability to score. Nobody ever has expected Navas to score.

Should a winger head into the box when the ball is in our possession on the opposite side?

Depends on the players and whether they can shoot and score. If not, they are better pulling the full back away towards the touchline.

Depends on the players and whether they can shoot and score. If not, they are better pulling the full back away towards the touchline.

No because the full back will never stay out on the touchline where he can't affect play. If the ball is on the opposite wing you will never see a full back still on the opposite flank. They will have shifted across regardless of whether the winger goes into the box or not.

And all I am asking is to name the other traditional wingers at top clubs that you can compare (in their role) to Navas. You keep saying Bayern but then admitted it wasn't Robben. Is it Coman or Costa? Do you really think they are limited traditional wingers like Navas?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.