Jesus Navas

And all I am asking is to name the other traditional wingers at top clubs that you can compare (in their role) to Navas. You keep saying Bayern but then admitted it wasn't Robben. Is it Coman or Costa? Do you really think they are limited traditional wingers like Navas?

You are arguing against yourself here. Top clubs use wingers or attacking midfielders as they are affective. Doesn't matter if it's Robben, Costa, Ribery, Sanchez, Mahrez, Payet, Bale whoever. You are quite clear in saying Navas is limited so why are we keeping a limited player.

Fact is you have players like Albrighton, Tadic, Redmond, Lamela and others in the league, none of which I would want at City, out performing him. Stats wise I mean. If you wish to say what he lacks in numbers he makes up for in workrate well whilst it could be a valid argument I think I want workrate and end product when playing at our level

You are arguing against yourself here. Top clubs use wingers or attacking midfielders as they are affective. Doesn't matter if it's Robben, Costa, Ribery, Sanchez, Mahrez, Payet, Bale whoever. You are quite clear in saying Navas is limited so why are we keeping a limited player.

Fact is you have players like Albrighton, Tadic, Redmond, Lamela and others in the league, none of which I would want at City, out performing him. Stats wise I mean. If you wish to say what he lacks in numbers he makes up for in workrate well whilst it could be a valid argument I think I want workrate and end product when playing at our level

I think you have misunderstood me from the beginning. Nothing would make me happier then selling Navas. I don't think he is good enough for our squad much less start. That said, when we bought him we knew what he was and he has always given us what we expected and sometimes more.

I think you have misunderstood me from the beginning. Nothing would make me happier then selling Navas. I don't think he is good enough for our squad much less start. That said, when we bought him we knew what he was and he has always given us what we expected and sometimes more.
All I would ask is to wait until mid-season before we begin to assess any of our failing players. Last season most of them had a stinker and those that didn't came out of it with little credit. The reason for this officially leaves the club on June 30th and from thereon in is a new dawn for everyone.

So many players turning to shit en masse can't be sheer coincidence, so just like Sterling, Mangala, Otamendi, Fernando et al, let's see what a proper coach brings and how Navas reacts. We know the limitations of players like Kolarov so for me he can go, the rest should at least be given a season to prove themselves. Evolution not revolution......

I can forgive him missing chances and not always shooting when he is supposed to if he at least scored a few.

You and I both know what the reaction on this board would be if we were interested in a winger with Navas stats but who clearly put a shift in. To say it's purely Pelligrinis tactics ignores the fact he averages 3 goals a season in his career.

You have still yet to answer about any winger or attacking left or right sided player in a top team that doesn't score. It just doesn't happen. Go through the premier league.

That last bit wasn't me you were discussing with.

I would say two things:
1) None of us know what he was asked to do in games, but clearly Pellegrini was happy with it. Let's see how he does with different tactics
2) If Pep wants to keep him, then let's go with that. If he doesn't, I'll understand why

Then I am lost. Navas is instructed to run the touchline and cross. He has no left foot so when you start him on the right you do so knowing he can't shoot. Because of how he plays he never has a proper angle to shoot. I just don't know how you can expect him to score playing that role.
We don't, that's why his starting place should go to someone who can shoot and cross. Navas can run. He can't cross.

He can cross. It's just that most of the time there's nobody to cross to. He used to get plenty of assists and a few goals at Seville. Let's see how he gets on under Guardiola.

This is something we have been absolutely shocking at, under two managers tbf, but now worse than ever uder the Zomb. It's not just Navas. How many times do we see Silva, Zabba, Kolarov etc, get into areas behind the oppo defence, where everyone is up off their seats expecting an almost certain goalscoring chance, & the best we end up with is a corner, if we're lucky ?

I'm not sure there is another team who gets into that position, better than City. From there on, we are less effective than a typical pub team. Half the time the whole attack is stood on the edge of the box & if the cf does bother to go in, he stands behind 4 defenders at the far post.

Navas is no Beckham but Beckham would struggle to find our strikers. We have no plan, it's that simple.

Guardiola will not allow that clueless crap to continue, Navas or not.

All these long drawn out replies. He's a poor player, there isn't really any more to discuss, is nowhere near a top 4 level player, yes he works hard, so what so do some League One players. His final ball is as bad as ive seen for a winger. Needs to go asap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.