Jewell leaves.

oakiecokie said:
ancoats said:
all championship club's are all after that golden ticket of premier league football
many fail and many fail more than once aswell

ipswich are a club that should be midtable in the premeir league with nowrich city
thats the pressure of the ipswich manager they need to be in the big boy league
like norwich

but jewell is a joke manager and i dont know why or what clubs see in him
defo talks a good game and will be back on skysports panel this weekend

Think you`re doing Jewell a little diservice when you class him as "a joke".I accept that as of late he`s been poor but his credentials speak pretty well :
Football League First Division runner-up, 1998–99
Football League Second Division champion, 2002–03
Football League Championship runner-up, 2004–05
League Cup runner-up, 2006
Hell of a better CV than most managers.
Worst ever premier league team/points total with Derby.
Now his abject failure at one of the richer clubs in the championship.
His recent record is terrible

r
LongsightM13 said:
oakiecokie said:
ancoats said:
all championship club's are all after that golden ticket of premier league football
many fail and many fail more than once aswell

ipswich are a club that should be midtable in the premeir league with nowrich city
thats the pressure of the ipswich manager they need to be in the big boy league
like norwich

but jewell is a joke manager and i dont know why or what clubs see in him
defo talks a good game and will be back on skysports panel this weekend

Think you`re doing Jewell a little diservice when you class him as "a joke".I accept that as of late he`s been poor but his credentials speak pretty well :

As I said "as of late" he has been poor.However dont forget he got Bradford into the old First Division for something like 60+ years,since they`d last been there.
Yes he was a disaster at Derby with I think something dire like 11 points.Perhaps he`s like many Managers and certain ones havn`t got the nous at a higher level and possibly the 1st or 2nd Divisions are about his levels.
Still think he`s done well at most clubs.Didn`t he save Bradford from going out of the league ?

Jewell.jpg

Always thought jewell was a good boss. One of them lower end bosses with a decent record.

Roy Keane left the club in a huge mess, I though jewell would turn it around but it wasn't to be

Ipswich always seemed to lurk around the playoffs, they haven't done for a while now

oakiecokie said:
r
LongsightM13 said:
oakiecokie said:

As I said "as of late" he has been poor.However dont forget he got Bradford into the old First Division for something like 60+ years,since they`d last been there.
Yes he was a disaster at Derby with I think something dire like 11 points.Perhaps he`s like many Managers and certain ones havn`t got the nous at a higher level and possibly the 1st or 2nd Divisions are about his levels.
Still think he`s done well at most clubs.Didn`t he save Bradford from going out of the league ?

bradford had some great players back then and it helps if you land on your feet at a club like at bradford you are making your start at being young manager players will buy into it if your 1 of them

but that list is crap and alot of managers out of work have a better CV
maybe thats why nobody will touch him in the top league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.