Jewell leaves.

corky1970 said:
Jewell falls into the Peter Reid Category of Manager, old school clueless and thinking pursed lips and a grimace will get a performance
Not forgetting the dulcet tones of that lovely accent that ''dey'' both have!

ancoats said:
oakiecokie said:
r
LongsightM13 said:
Worst ever premier league team/points total with Derby.
Now his abject failure at one of the richer clubs in the championship.
His recent record is terrible

As I said "as of late" he has been poor.However dont forget he got Bradford into the old First Division for something like 60+ years,since they`d last been there.
Yes he was a disaster at Derby with I think something dire like 11 points.Perhaps he`s like many Managers and certain ones havn`t got the nous at a higher level and possibly the 1st or 2nd Divisions are about his levels.
Still think he`s done well at most clubs.Didn`t he save Bradford from going out of the league ?

bradford had some great players back then and it helps if you land on your feet at a club like at bradford you are making your start at being young manager players will buy into it if your 1 of them

but that list is crap and alot of managers out of work have a better CV
maybe thats why nobody will touch him in the top league

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa.Bloody hell theres plenty of managers who would love to have won that lot.Bradford had a shit team at the time and were botom of the league,nothing to do with Jewell.He went,saved them and the rest is history with what he achieved at Wigan.

Mental_blue said:
Does that mean that his sidekick Chris Hutchings gets the job for 3 months until they realise he's even worse than Jewell and sack him too?
I think your a secret Bradford City fan you remember Hutchings taking over from Jewell AT Bradford City Mental_blue"

Curbs with Matty Holland as his assistant.

Higginbotham, Reo-Coker, Campbell, Chopra. Some decent players. Just need a decent manager now.

ancoats said:
all championship club's are all after that golden ticket of premier league football
many fail and many fail more than once aswell

ipswich are a club that should be midtable in the premeir league with nowrich city
thats the pressure of the ipswich manager they need to be in the big boy league
like norwich

but jewell is a joke manager and i dont know why or what clubs see in him
defo talks a good game and will be back on skysports panel this weekend

Cushy job sat next to Thommo, Dowie and Merse on Soccer Saturday coming up.

Malty said:
ancoats said:
all championship club's are all after that golden ticket of premier league football
many fail and many fail more than once aswell

ipswich are a club that should be midtable in the premeir league with nowrich city
thats the pressure of the ipswich manager they need to be in the big boy league
like norwich

but jewell is a joke manager and i dont know why or what clubs see in him
defo talks a good game and will be back on skysports panel this weekend

Cushy job sat next to Thommo, Dowie and Merse on Soccer Saturday coming up.

a fine list of failed footballers telling others where they went wrong

Blue Hefner said:
Good!!! My g'friends family are Ipswich fans so I'm glad for them that he has gone. He's been a disaster!!
Their players are the disaster.

corky1970 said:
Jewell falls into the Peter Reid Category of Manager, old school clueless and thinking pursed lips and a grimace will get a performance

Presume their reason for failure was they both used zonal marking at set pieces. (sorry wrong thread!!!).

Another British manager who will somehow continue to get work (at some cost!), slip down the ladder and earn money off past success (often just the 1 promotion) which hasn't been repeated at any other club.

Let's list them; Peter Taylor, Peter Reid, Micky Adams, Aidy Boothroyd, Roy Keane, Martin Allen and the pinnacle of them all, Steve Bruce.

Regarding Ipswich. Once you get relegated from the Premier League, some clubs simply HAVE to come straight back up or else the club becomes stale.

What I've noticed over the past 10 years is a dramatic decrease in crowds in that league at grounds which hosted PL football previously. Ipswich, Watford, Crystal Palace, Boro, Hull and Derby have all suffered since being relegated. They didn't bounce back straight away and have suffered lower crowds, lower interest, acquired shitter, nomad players and appear to just be Championship teams.

Sometimes this becomes worse and relegation occurs again. Normally then you're fucked. Leeds came back up eventually due to the size of the club if nothing else. Charlton managed. Bradford have gone AWOL, Pompey are buggered, Forest eventually came back.

If you lose that ambition/fight aka the resources to get promoted, the club suffers and so do the fans. What is the point after you've been in the Premier League? Things have changed since 1998. Not all clubs are lucky enough to have large fanbases who are willing to pay large amounts of money each week to watch a lower standard of football if there's no chance of seeing the best.

Think I'm being an arse and we'd be alright, consider us in the Europa League this season if we finish 3rd in our group. Will you bother?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.