Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Joe Hart, I wouldn't want any other keeper in world football. I think there are only 1 or 2 better than him, but he is Mr Manchester City and so couple those things together and you have MY reason why i want him to stay. For his entire career.

His new manager doesn't think he fits into the starting 11 because of his ability with the ball at his feet. I want Joe to stay and improve his technique and force his way back.

Its not Pep's fault, he has every right to do as he pleases and it is what he has been brought in to do.
I am absolutely behind our manager 100% and so is the club.

For the sake of maybe 6 months to a year of not playing so much I think it would be a good opportunity for Joe to improve his all round skills and come back stronger.

I remember a story my dad used to tell me when I was only 10. Joe Corrigan got dropped for a few clangers and even the fans used to laugh at his pot belly.

He knuckled down it seems and 2 months later he came back 2 stone lighter, muscles toned and more alert and focused than ever. He never looked back.

So Joe, do what you've always done and come back stronger.

We will never see joe in a city goal again, can't see him working himself back into peps plans. I'll be gutted for a good while, but let's see what happens with our new keeper.

Several posts went in that direction and I would like to give my view on that. Nothing to do with you as I got your point mate.
I apologize for the direct way in advance.

Technically you seem to be right as Joe still has a legal contract.

But: Pep has downgraded England's keeper and a City legend, that's a strong statement.
You don't do that as a 'kick up the arse' as some on here think it was, just to motivate Joe.
The clear message is: 'You don't have a future at City under my reign.' And it seems Joe already got the message. Some on here don't.

Next message is: Bravo seems to be on his way. There we have 2 keepers for City's squad list. Bravo and WIlly.
Pep has to trust his keepers and it seems it's not the case with Joe. He even won't be the backup.
Hard ball would be Joe is not even on the squad lists.

Now Joe could stay and train hard as a 3rd choice insisting on his contract. That wouldn't be the best situation for the team, for Pep, for Joe and for City.
But it would be great for the media, a true wankfest. Week after week.

So, straight out: Joe has nothing to fight for. If he wants to play as a keeper he has to leave now as tough as it is. And that would be a wise decision. You have to know in live when to 'fight' and when better to move on and find your luck somewhere else.

Even a loan from Joe's point of view doesn't make much sense as we would have the same situation next year.
If Joe would be the perfect 'sweeper' within the next year Pep could just buy him back if he was convinced it was the best choice.
Joe has to find a new challenge where he can show what is in him and where he can be happy.
IMO.

Cool. I dont think it was a kick up the arse to motivate him. I only say he has made Joe start from scratch, just like all the others. The message is not you dont hv a future, but u start from scratch like Willy. If Joe feels insulted, tough luck. We can understand his feelings, he may feel demotivated as a result & his performance in training could suffer as a result. But to say we hv treated him in a disgusting manner is silly!

Pep also said he wanted more competition from the forwards meaning he doesnt want Aguero to take his position for granted either. Doesnt mean its disgusting or disrespect - just that he doesnt want to assess players with any pre-conditions or past laurels. Thierry Henry hardly played in his last season for Barca, Pep felt Pedro was better. In the last few months of that season, Pep found Bojan to do a better job than lazy Ibra as a centre forward - guess what, Ibra, whom Pep had just bought for 50+M was benched, and Pep was right on both decisions: Barca won the closest Liga in history! If Kelechi shows more in training than Kun, Im sure Pep will start Kelechi tomorrow. Same for Silva, KdB, all others. This is not disrespect. Pep values hardwork with humility a lot, no matter the name. Thats why the Barca machines he created, kept winning (even today the core of them, after he is long gone), year after year after year. Each year, they would compete like they had not won anything the previous year! This is super-elite mentality!

We all want the best for City and also for Hart - so he has earned the respect of the club & fans to completely decide how he wants to go about this situation. If he decides to stay put or only leave on loan, I dont see the club or Pep complaining - they all understand what he means to the Club - hes a City legend, nobody is taking it away from him!

His attitude to the club and team are top notch, he is one of ours, almost part of the fabric of the last 5 or 6 years.

His attitude to being dropped and told to learn has been shite if what I have read is to be believed.

And yes I expect that wouold be changed in 12 months, Kolarov is a shining example.
What I meant by attitude was his attitude towards adapting. Whether he would rather conspire to undermine the manager rather than change his game to fit into the new system. We all know what happened to Mancini when he tried to assert his authority on the players. It's quite likely it would happen again if it was allowed.

The best way to solve this tussle between sentimentality & footballing decision is to just hv open training sessions for season-ticket holders and then hv a poll for them to decide the starting 11 for each game. And then real-time polling again during matches so they decide who should be subbed out and in. A manager (again voted by fans) can be installed to just manage in-game tactics, training drills, fitness, diet. And transfers too can be handled by fan polling with the club announcing the budget during each summer. And then a fan agent (again voted by fans) does the negotiation with the chosen club/player. Fans can hv no complaints then.
Lol. We tried that direct democracy approach with Brexit and look what happened there

Can't argue with any of that.
Yeah spot on.
It all boils down to "in Pep we trust".
We've been building for years towards this moment and to not back Pep's decisions would be just plain stupid.
Walter said it best "what's best for City"

There's a video on the OS training the day after in Bucharest where the team are working on playing the ball out from the back. Hart was involved, seemed to be doing alright and was being watched by Pep. I can see Hart playing Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.