Joe Hart

Tom_mcfc

Tin hatetime but I think he was shocking on the first goal, the shot was right at him and it didn't have a great deal of power in it. he followed that up with a great save but obviously couldn't of done anything about it ending up in the net.

There was just a number of times he spills it and in key areas and that wasn't just last night. If he isn't comfortable to try and keep hold of it then the least he should do is parry it as far from goal as possible.

This and his kicking needs sorting and when they are he will be unstoppable. .

Tom_mcfc said:
Tin hatetime but I think he was shocking on the first goal, the shot was right at him and it didn't have a great deal of power in it. he followed that up with a great save but obviously couldn't of done anything about it ending up in the net.

There was just a number of times he spills it and in key areas and that wasn't just last night. If he isn't comfortable to try and keep hold of it then the least he should do is parry it as far from goal as possible.

This and his kicking needs sorting and when they are he will be unstoppable. .

can't argue with you Tom.

what did let him down though was the second ball, we were slower to react and got punished.

Fuck, they're all getting it today!

I though Hart was one of the better players last night. His distribution is poor but that's a new thing since Massimo Battara started coaching the keepers, Joe used to kick better than that.

There was slim pickings on who to praise last night but Joe wasn't bad by any means. Speaking as a keeper, it's hard to "parry the ball a long way", sometimes it's all you can do just to parry the thing full stop. Your defenders then need to help you out and clear it.

nope he is shite, i suggest turning the volume down

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vKif3FlGoU[/youtube]

Mugatu said:
Fuck, they're all getting it today!

I though Hart was one of the better players last night. His distribution is poor but that's a new thing since Massimo Battara started coaching the keepers, Joe used to kick better than that.

There was slim pickings on who to praise last night but Joe wasn't bad by any means. Speaking as a keeper, it's hard to "parry the ball a long way", sometimes it's all you can do just to parry the thing full stop. Your defenders then need to help you out and clear it.

I agree with most of that and understand however Hart does have this in him where he will parry shots that a keeper of his level should be keeping hold of. The best example of this is Villa away last year. He played well last night but his kicking was poor again and that first goal just really annoyed me and it obviously all went downhill from that first goal.

I personally thought Hart was one of the only players who could come out of last night with his head held high and Im usually one of his biggest critics.

At least it looked like it mattered to him after the second went in rather than the reaction from the outfield players in the second half

what an absurd comment!!
He was hardly at fault, granted for the first goal he could have pushed it away but he saw it late and still managed to get down well.
If our defence has been more reactive, both goals would not have stood.

I don't understand why kolo toure started such a big game. Granted he has a lot of Champs League experience but why when he has no game time this season, throw him into what is normally a fairly solid back 4.

The benefit of hindsight is a wonderful thing but so many players gave up last night. toure seems to be lost in his role, doesn't get forward as much like he did last season.

all in all, Joe Hart is class. His save on the second goal was world class. Toure and Barry were both napping.

The Spuds performance was my favourite one of last season. I'm with the majority here though. I thought he played well and was still making good saves well into the second half. What he was supposed to do about the one player so close to the net that he was virtually goal-hanging, I don't know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.