Joe's two touch thing

Hollywood Blue said:
GXCity said:
Nothing to do with any of the replies. He kicked it twice. Ok it was a split second thing but you can't lay the ball off to yourself when the free kick is on the edge of the area can you?
If this incident had occured outside the box it would have been an indirect free kick to QPR.
But because it was in the 18 yard area and never left the box it is a retake.

Ref made the right decision in favour of us for a change.
That's the bit Gary the Goatfeeder struggled with. The ball isn't 'live' until it's out the box so Hart's second touch meant the free-kick had to be retaken.

shed88us said:
but! the agenda!
Not sure what a ref making the correct decision has to do with anything.

I thought it should have been an indirect free to QPR, but thats obviously not the case.

stony said:
yatesy94 said:
Credit to Mike Dean I completely missed it and couldn't believe we'd seemingly gifted them a goal. At least MDM saw to that later on in the game...

That was hardly MD's fault.

lino saw it, from the side it was clear he took two touches

moomba said:
shed88us said:
but! the agenda!

I thought it should have been an indirect free to QPR, but thats obviously not the case.
Do you think this incident would of made the agenda thread had rob green done the same thing & sergio had scored?
Right or wrong there would of been a meltdown, anyway the correct decision was made.

The cookie monster said:
moomba said:
shed88us said:
but! the agenda!

Do you think this incident would of made the agenda thread had rob green done the same thing & sergio had scored?
Right or wrong there would of been a meltdown, anyway the correct decision was made.
It may have, and it would have been pointed out that it was a correct decision just like now.

The biggest meltdowns on the agenda thread don't necessarily come from people claiming there is an agenda.

ifiwasarichfan said:
The other was a game against the Villa and we had a penalty. Peter Reid took the spot kick, slammed it against the post and then banged home the rebound. Everybody on the pitch and in the Stadium knew it was no goal as you can't touch the Ball twice from a free kick. It didn't stop our ridiculous monkey faced player manager making a complete twat of himself though by stamping his feet and berating the Ref.
Slight point of order, my friend. That Peter Reid penalty was against Leeds at Elland Road.

Credit where credits due to the linesman for spotting this. He could quite easily have not seen it, or even chosen to ignore it

ifiwasarichfan said:
These incidents are rare but to my knowledge its at least the fourth involving City that I have known.

Way back in the Seventies Scotland played Northern Ireland in a Home International. The Scottish keeper took a short dead ball kick to our very own Willie Donachie and with an Irish forward up his arse Willie moved well into the box and played it back to his keeper who missed it and the ball rolled into the net for an own goal.
The Ref gave the goal when it should have been the dead ball kick retaken.

The other was a game against the Villa and we had a penalty. Peter Reid took the spot kick, slammed it against the post and then banged home the rebound. Everybody on the pitch and in the Stadium knew it was no goal as you can't touch the Ball twice from a free kick. It didn't stop our ridiculous monkey faced player manager making a complete twat of himself though by stamping his feet and berating the Ref.

Lastly; those show off bastards Thierry Henry and Robert Pires who made themselves look ridiculous with that freaky penalty in that game against the Arsenal. Fair play to the much maligned Danny Mills who wanted to start a fight with the cocky sods.

Apologies but this is totally wrong on all levels.

Very late in the game with Scotland leading Wales 1-0 Willie Donachie was passing the ball between him and the keeper to waste time, this in the day when you could pass back to a keeper and the keeper could pick the ball up. There was a succession of passes, like I say wasting time and then for some inexplicable reason Donachie miscued and passed the ball into an empty net, nothing to do with a free kick or owt like that.

taleofbluehalves said:
es1 said:
its grim up north said:
No, it's a rule that if the defending team have a dead ball kick in their own area the ball must only be touched once and it must leave the penalty area before it becomes in play. It's a rule I dont agree with, how many times has a goalie kicked it to a defender only for him to be chased down by an opposing player and steps into the area and plays the ball to void the kick .IMO it should be an indirect free kick to the attacking team. But glad it wasn't tonight.

Can't say I've ever seen that to be honest
We were lucky they saw that.

I can think of a dozen refs who wouldn't have seen that and another dozen who would have seen it but said 'Fuck it, it's only City!" A perfect application of the Laws by a ref who clearly knows them and has the courage to apply them. Now just explain, Michael, why Zab got sent off but not Costa Coffee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.