Joey Barton

I think that’s the point I was trying to make.
I only jumped in as we seemed to be getting bogged down in the League 1/2 vs women debate, when what Barton was suggesting is that the women can’t talk about top level football because they’re at a lower standard.

That’s true, but because of physical disadvantages, not mental and technical ones. That means they can talk in the same way as a male footballer.

We all just wish pundits were all like Onuaha and Chrtistensen, rather than Hinchcliffe and Aluko.

I only jumped in as we seemed to be getting bogged down in the League 1/2 vs women debate, when what Barton was suggesting is that the women can’t talk about top level football because they’re at a lower standard.

That’s true, but because of physical disadvantages, not mental and technical ones. That means they can talk in the same way as a male footballer.

We all just wish pundits were all like Onuaha and Chrtistensen, rather than Hinchcliffe and Aluko.
We all wish pundits were erudite and insightful. The reality is most aren't, including those of yesteryear that apparently didn't tick boxes (they did, it was just different criteria back then). But I've never let the standard of punditry affect my enjoyment of the game.

We all wish pundits were erudite and insightful. The reality is most aren't, including those of yesteryear that apparently didn't tick boxes (they did, it was just different criteria back then). But I've never let the standard of punditry affect my enjoyment of the game.
Is there any actual evidence of “box ticking”, or is it just a way to suggest some think that there are too many women and people of colour?

As you say, most aren’t insightful, whatever their gender or ethnicity, so tv stations must be happy with their choices and viewing figures.

Maybe the majority of football fans want something different to insight and analysis? If Sky/TNT thought it was harming their profit margins, they’d change it up in a heartbeat.

I think you might have misread or missed “The men’s teams would likely beat any WSL side.” in my post.

The women would lose the games because they are at a physical strength, height and speed disadvantage. All other aspects of the game could be the same.

Pretty much. The top level futsal players have amazing technique but they'd certainly get turned over by Wycombe Wanderers if they played association football. It's very little to with technical ability and absolutely everything to do with physical attributes.

Barton is trying to get a gig on those racist, right-wing channels that don’t actually pay for themselves.

He’s hoping to be a colleague of Neil Oliver and the odd ex-actor who everyone hates.

I don’t care about pundits make female or whatever. I gave up listening to them a long time ago. I did wonder what the purpose of them was, then realised that they are there as padding between the adverts Same as the taking gobshites on TalkShite

There’s a history of the best womens teams getting beat by non league sides and u15 boys, I think the best of Sunday league teams would wipe the floor with them, genuinely.

I reckon I group together a gang of people I know and beat the England women.

I don’t agree with Barton though on punditry and the like, couldn’t care less.

As we know, the level somebody played at doesn’t really make any difference in pundit and co comm insight, I could collar somebody in the street and they’d likely be more insightful that Ferdinand.
Ok mate.

Oh excellent, he will be talking about ‘race’ next so he says.

I hope he sits on a barbed spike and a female pundit rips his nob off, if I’m honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.