John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to be switched on in this competition, and Stones last night displayed momentary lapses. The pass to an under pressure Zinchenko in the first half set the tone for the next ten jittery minutes, while any impetus at the start of the second evaporated when he passed the ball straight out of play. On neither occasion was he under immediate pressure. Looks as if he will have to be gently eased back into stronger teams, yet that may in itself mean he takes longer to get back to his best. Tricky one for Guardiola to manage.

In fairness, whether he has been against Stones or not, there is a legitimate argument for him being fourth choice at present.

Otamendi has been consistently good, Kompany has been vwrv good in his last few appearances and Laporte has shown a level of class that can be admired.

Based on all 4 players most recent efforts, Stones is clearly 4th best. Now, whether TS has an agenda or not I don't know. But the facts are the facts.
Spot on DAX777
At the moment stones is fourth choice.
I am sure he will get his form back.
But he is struggling at the minute.
C.T.I.D

Needs to calm the fuck down, he’s lost his composure

Weird one this. When he first came back he didn't look fit to me and made a lot of mistakes. It seems that has totally drained his confidence - surprising that it seems so fragile as he was the best defender in the country before injury. Another reset for him - you wonder how many of them he'll get

He needs to start playing to the whistle.

Every time a ball is played in behind and the striker is on the line he sticks his hand up. Just let the linesman do his job and you cover the striker until the flag goes up.

He did it last night and the flag didn't go up and it nearly cost us.

Away from all that not the same player since his injury, looks like he needs confidence again. At least we now have 4 centre backs, so we can account for players' dips in form.

Confidence shot to pieces. I like others was raving about him earlier in the season, prior to his injury he was composed, excellent passer and great at bringing the ball out from the back. Desperate to see this John Stones make an appearance

Night and day before and after the injury. I don't think Pep will start him again until the league is won.

He won’t unless injuries or suspensions. He isn’t playing well enough.

Yeah mate and it's really frustrating as he was excellent before his injury and he looks like the Stones of last year now. I'm sure Pep will handle him fine in terms of helping him regain his confidence, it just makes the Laporte signing all the more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.