John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest we already have those
This has been my thinking all along. I think Pep looks at our players and feels satisfied.
We have great squad members in each position with a lot of young potential in each position. We have just under performed massively.
In attack/midfield as an example we have players like Aguero, Nacho, Sterling, De Bruyne, Silva, Gundogan, Nolito. Anyone would love to have these players in their team. And we have the worlds best manager in charge.

Two years ago, Utd bought Luke Shaw for £30m. Quality player. One of their few. We paid £45m for Sterling 12 months ago. This is the rate for young English players. You might find it ridiculous, but that's the market.

Two years ago, Utd bought Luke Shaw for £30m. Quality player. One of their few. We paid £45m for Sterling 12 months ago. This is the rate for young English players. You might find it ridiculous, but that's the market.

Yep, and it will only get worse.

Even Crystal Palace are bidding £30m plus for players , very very average players are going for 10-15 million at the moment - Ibe to Bournmouth for £15m- it's bat shit crazy.

I think he has much more self belief than Sterling and any grief he gets from the press / other fans will receive the finger. That's the impression he give me anyway.

Yeah I hope so, I've always been a fan of Stones, his talent I feel wasn't nurtured correctly under Martinez and have upmost faith that Pep can get the best out of him.

Can someone genuinely explain to me why Stones' value has increased 10m in the last season despite the additional playing time exposing lots of deficiencies in his game and him made little to no impact at international level?

I had the same question about Sterling at the time- as I remember we bought him when his value was at rock bottom (that is until now). Can someone please give Txixi a slap and remind him that 50m is a rather large windfall for most clubs and we should be going for proven talent at that price. The best case scenario is Stones develops into a world class centre back in which case he will only achieve and not exceed his value at the time we bought him.

Can someone genuinely explain to me why Stones' value has increased 10m in the last season despite the additional playing time exposing lots of deficiencies in his game and him made little to no impact at international level?

I had the same question about Sterling at the time- as I remember we bought him when his value was at rock bottom (that is until now). Can someone please give Txixi a slap and remind him that 50m is a rather large windfall for most clubs and we should be going for proven talent at that price. The best case scenario is Stones develops into a world class centre back in which case he will only achieve and not exceed his value at the time we bought him.

Because its a city tax and clubs take the piss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.