John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone genuinely explain to me why Stones' value has increased 10m in the last season despite the additional playing time exposing lots of deficiencies in his game and him made little to no impact at international level?

I had the same question about Sterling at the time- as I remember we bought him when his value was at rock bottom (that is until now). Can someone please give Txixi a slap and remind him that 50m is a rather large windfall for most clubs and we should be going for proven talent at that price. The best case scenario is Stones develops into a world class centre back in which case he will only achieve and not exceed his value at the time we bought him.

The new TV deal kicks in so its a different landscape , Bournmouth have just spunked £15m on Ibe, Palace bidding £30m plus for players , Liverpool ditto.

It's crazy Jeff.

And the market has gone mad this Summer with TV money. Some crazy fees. But if you don't pay them, you risk not getting the player

I guess I feel buying Stones for 50m is a greater risk than not buying him.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the club know what they're doing but I'm not confident - the Spanish lads have made quite a few transfer cockups in their time. The parallels with the Chygrynskiy transfer in 2009 are worrying to say the least.

Last edited:
Can someone genuinely explain to me why Stones' value has increased 10m in the last season despite the additional playing time exposing lots of deficiencies in his game and him made little to no impact at international level?

I had the same question about Sterling at the time- as I remember we bought him when his value was at rock bottom (that is until now). Can someone please give Txixi a slap and remind him that 50m is a rather large windfall for most clubs and we should be going for proven talent at that price. The best case scenario is Stones develops into a world class centre back in which case he will only achieve and not exceed his value at the time we bought him.

Why was his value £40m last year? No one bought him for £40m did they? His price is only what city are prepared to pay and Everton accept.

Why was his value £40m last year? No one bought him for £40m did they? His price is only what city are prepared to pay and Everton accept.

Yeah his value hasn't changed. £40 million is only what Chelsea were prepared to pay, Everton valued him at more than that and refused to sell him. City are prepared to pay £50 million and that is what Everton value him at so the deal is hopefully getting done soon.

V
The new TV deal kicks in so its a different landscape , Bournmouth have just spunked £15m on Ibe, Palace bidding £30m plus for players , Liverpool ditto.

It's crazy Jeff.
Wasnt he gonna be 10 times the player that Sterling would ever be, according to all the scousers out there, after Raheem had jumped ship?

Wonder why they got shut so cheaply.

After all, bitter ex-Liverpool players, particularly those that are currently working in the media, are never wrong.... are they?

I guess I feel buying Stones for 50m is a greater risk than not buying him.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the club know what they're doing but I'm not confident - the Spanish lads have made quite a few transfer cockups in their time. The parallels with the Chygrynskiy transfer in 2009 are worrying to say the least.

Honest question. Who would you like to see as our CB's this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.