Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you be happy to have a player who got a 6 game ban for spitting...I wouldn't.....wouldn't have any player who considers spitting at somebody as acceptable.

Pep signed a keeper who couldn't save a shot last year...would have thought maybe he would have considered that...hmm

Pep isnt always right..

It wasn't Pep's fault Bravo went from a fantastic shot-stopper and world-class 'keeper to being pure shite in the space of a few months. Nobody could have predicted that. On paper it was the right move, and Joe's been just as bad since then too.

Players do things. Evans spat at another player. Nolito headbutted two people in the space of a couple of months. Touré, who I firmly believe is a good man, was charged with drunk-driving (as was Delph) and hired Varys from Game Of Thrones as his agent. Nasri... do I really have to say any more about Nasri? De Bruyne attacked Thibaut Courtois in training for Belgium after Courtois had sex with De Bruyne's girlfriend. Delph essentially lied to the fans of the club he was captaining and went back on it to come here. Walker dated a woman who's performed a sex act with a dog and filmed it and put the video on the internet. I'm not saying I like it but I think we have to forgive people for these things, and it was a while ago now.

Few other options off the top of my head:

1. Take a punt on ben gibson or jack stephans instead if it's HG we're after.

Gibson has played one season of PL football in which he got relegated, and Stephens has started 16 PL matches in his entire career (he signed for Southampton 6 years ago)

Lots of the media rags coming out to say what a great signing for us he'll be.

'Nuff said.

Why spend £20m+ on a back up CB. Surely we could find a decent calibre CB from another league for far cheaper - we don't need a star name, but we also don't need a PL player as the price will always be high.

Why spend £20m+ on a back up CB. Surely we could find a decent calibre CB from another league for far cheaper - we don't need a star name, but we also don't need a PL player as the price will always be high.

Because we need another homegrown player, and he's experienced in the league so won't need time to settle in. I'm not suggesting it's a great signing, but the reasons behind it are fairly obvious.

I'm not close enough to him to know exactly how good he is, but some centre half cover is definitely a valuable squad addition, so I'm happy to trust City on this one if it happens. I couldn't give a shit who he played for, and anyone who cares has their priorities badly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.