Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happened. 6 years ago.
Maybe even deeper Yaya? Who knows with this manager.

This alone is reason to not want Evans. In this system, against half the teams we'd face, yaya at cb is a better option. More pace even at this age, better passer, reads the ball better.

Exactly. Some on here are doing backflips to justify it and agressively slating anyone speaking common sense by claiming bias.

20 mil plus for a player not worth half of it, even in an inflated market is shocking business.
It could be £40m on Titus Bramble and it would be a shrewd signing for some.

Nobody at this club can put a foot wrong, ever, according to some.

Leicester's record transfer is £29 million for Slimani, a forward. You think they'll pay 25 million for a CB? You know the answer.
Do you think West Brom will pay 25M for Evan's replacement either ? I think we all know the answer to that one !

Can't remember the last time I watched a full West Brom match that wasn't against us (nor have I watched any Northern Ireland internationals) so I haven't seen Evans play much recently.

So is Evans an upgrade on Mangala? I'm sceptical. Those saying Fergie was 'shocked' that Evans was sold by van Gaal are right but I've not seen any quotes from the manager who divulged it to the press that say it was because Evans is a great defender, merely that he expected him to retire at United.

Maybe we're trying to free up two homegrown slots for Sanchez and Mbappe...?

Statistically, at least, he's been defensively very good for years now.
Sick of the stats mentioned in this thread. Stats that show he's shit, stats that show he's good. Don't take this the wrong way but is there any chance that you could stick the statistics up your arse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.