Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be £40m on Titus Bramble and it would be a shrewd signing for some.

Nobody at this club can put a foot wrong, ever, according to some.

Hey, in my first post in this thread I owned up. I've been that guy. Scott Sinclair, Rodwell, Fernando, Javi Garcia, Delph...the list goes on. Even defended Hargreaves as a great deal. Time and time again these have backfired.

Please can we include the line 'nick nack paddywhack' in his song once he's settled in?

This alone is reason to not want Evans. In this system, against half the teams we'd face, yaya at cb is a better option. More pace even at this age, better passer, reads the ball better.

And yet Pep, if this rumour is to be believed, wants Evans.

People keep making judgements on who is or isn't a Pep player or who can or cannot adjust to his system. I say leave that to the man himself.

Evans isn't a signing to be particularly enthusiastic about, but we're knee-deep in one of our best transfer windows ever and I think the manager deserves a little leeway for a signing like this.

So this came about because the Alves deal fell through?

Evans is certainly not a marquee signing, but I can see why it would make sense. Home grown, experienced PL defender, can play the ball with both feet, good footballing brain.

Leicester have been sniffing, and the Arse were interested last season. Plus, Shay Given thinks he'd be a perfect fit in our squad.

And yet Pep, if this rumour is to be believed, wants Evans.

People keep making judgements on who is or isn't a Pep player or who can or cannot adjust to his system. I say leave that to the man himself.

Evans isn't a signing to be particularly enthusiastic about, but we're knee-deep in one of our best transfer windows ever and I think the manager deserves a little leeway for a signing like this.

It's a fair point. I said when Mendy came in that if that was it, I'd be ecstatic and anything else is an indulgence. But...I think this weakens us, especially if it's Mangala out for a player of this level. I get Pep doesn't rate Mangala, but lets not kid ourselves, this is a downgrade. At least Mangala would be good against certain strikers.

Yeah get a foreign 4th choice CB now, so that we're fucked again next summer trying to move players because we can't buy any DMs or LBs or CBs or whatever as we don't have any foreign spot left.

Except for Yaya being out of contract and most likely Bravo leaving without much hassle.

Sammy Lee pretty much summarised the whole scenario this morning. No room for a foreign centre back without screwing ourselves further along the line:

Sam mixes his intuition with what he finds out but regardless, the logic of pissing about this summer for the sake of next summer is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.