Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't over the moon with this at £18M. Good enough as a back up option, but anything over £20M for essentially a 29 year old third choice/bit part CB is ludicrous.

Peps history in the transfer market doesnt exactly inspire confidence espeically when it comes to centre backs.

You may be right, but I doubt that he is concerned that the posters on BM don't approve of his signings .

And I seriously doubt that he would actively seek the thoughts of many either !

It's not really about the fact he's h/g. It's about the fact that he know the league, has performed well in the league, and displays the characteristics that Pep requires. I appreciate that we shouldn't just fall into line and continually say "Pep knows best", but at the same time it's pretty sad reading this thread. It's fairly easy IMO to be objective, look at his strengths/weaknesses, the way he's performed in the last couple of seasons, and deduce "yeah, as 4th choice CB he'll do".
Ive watched him a lot. Think hes average as fuck. He'll probably do an okay job at 4th choice centre back but I would rather see us give Tosin a shot rather splashing so much cash on a guy who wouldnt improve us.

Rather we just say fuck it and spend 70 odd mill on vvd than circa 25 million on evans tbh

It's not really about the fact he's h/g. It's about the fact that he know the league, has performed well in the league, and displays the characteristics that Pep requires. I appreciate that we shouldn't just fall into line and continually say "Pep knows best", but at the same time it's pretty sad reading this thread. It's fairly easy IMO to be objective, look at his strengths/weaknesses, the way he's performed in the last couple of seasons, and deduce "yeah, as 4th choice CB he'll do".

Has he really performed that well? WBA play so differently to us it's a gamble at 10 million.

I have watched him play many, many, times and he is crap, the facts are there for all to see, he has kicked plenty of balls, mainly opposition players balls, my opinion is not as ridiculous as your spelling of ridiculous either..!
He hasn't kicked a single ball for us and you can predict the future - well done you. As I said (and others too), you are not stating fact - just an opinion - accept it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.