Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive watched him a lot. Think hes aveage as fuck. He'll probably do an okay job at 4th choice centre back but I would rather see us give Tosin a shot rather splashing so much cash on a guy who wouldnt improve us.

Rather we just say fuck it and spend 70 odd mill on vvd than circa 25 million on evans tbh

Tosin isn't anywhere near good enough mate. I've watched him enough to know that. Also we're not buying a 1st choice CB otherwise we'd be in for VVD. We're buying a 4 choice one.

Only person I could think as an alternative HG would be Calum Chambers from the Arse - Apparently valued at £16m.

22 with plenty of room to grow, not had the best time at Arsenal but read he did well at Middlesbrough and for England u21. Not seen him play to form much of an opinion.

Maybe we are wanting that instant experience though.

Are there any good websites with this level of detail that's accessible to fans? Can't find a purchase option on that one.
If you're really interested to know more as a fan, I've bad news. The biggest players in this game (statistical analysis) hoard the data they have like anything. Harder than developing algorithms is getting enough data to train your models. Most free sites will have limited data like passes, successful dribbles, etc. That's nothing. Instat and other premium services have coordinates of player positions over the course of 90 minutes (imagine that, it's fuckin insane), speed, reaction time and host of other stuff. I'll have to write a book if I started explaining everything. Based on that data, they use advanced algorithms (mostly ML) like neural networks to develop their models. What the rest of us common folk have access to is not even 1% of the actual stuff. Clubs don't even use metrics like pass completion % or aerial duels won, etc. that we all throw around. They have their own custom, tailor-made metrics that we'll never ever hear about. There has been some progress as far as open-source statistical analysis for football is concerned and thus, we have those xG plots, etc., but even that is nothing compared to what clubs have access to. It's all about data. Without data, you can't extract meaningful information cause everything would either be biased (in a statistical sense), incomplete or totally wrong.

Has he really performed that well? WBA play so differently to us it's a gamble at 10 million.

Do you think that our manager woke up a couple of weeks back and went "fuck it get me Jonny Evans" or do you think he was extensively scouted, and Pep was given a host of information about how he has performed in the last two seasons and what characteristics he has as a player before deciding we should bid for him?

I thought we stopped these kinds of bullshit transfers. Looked much better when Pep arrived, but obviously we can't stop it totally.

Tosin isn't anywhere near good enough mate. I've watched him enough to know that. Also we're not buying a 1st choice CB otherwise we'd be in for VVD. We're buying a 4 choice one.
Tbh i really dont understand the denayer situation. Hes a guy who got young POTS in Scotland and performed well for his country at the Euros. Seems perfect for a squad role.

Either way i honestly think there are better younger players than evans for that sort of money but thats just my opinion.

Do you think that our manager woke up a couple of weeks back and went "fuck it get me Jonny Evans" or do you think he was extensively scouted, and Pep was given a host of information about how he has performed in the last two seasons and what characteristics he has as a player before deciding we should bid for him?
Tbf we had scouts who thought bony would fit in

Wasting your time Billy with so many fucking experts on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.