Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this, few years time Kompany and Otamendi will both be getting on, no point adding Evans too that or we will have a repeat of our fullback situation. We need someone who can be a partner with Stones longer term but good enough to start now.

Imagine if stones doesn't become the player we think he can. We will soon need 4 centre backs although we will probably hold off and go for another attacking midfielder, we can't get enough of those.

Imagine a cl semi final against Madrid with Ronaldo bale and benzema running at otamendi and fucking Evans.

We have bought Savic, Nastacic,, Boateng, Mangala, Stones, Otamendi and we still rely on Vk. Perplexing to say the least.

Personally think if Pep wanted Stones he has the responsibility of making it work. No good just spending another 50 mill

Imagine if stones doesn't become the player we think he can. We will soon need 4 centre backs although we will probably hold off and go for another attacking midfielder, we can't get enough of those.

Imagine a cl semi final against Madrid with Ronaldo bale and benzema running at otamendi and fucking Evans.

And imagine if Ederson doesn't become the GK we hope he can be. Imagine Madrid players shooting at Bravo. Should we go out and buy another world class GK just in case? Dont we have to see how Stones turns out before we replace him?

My anger about this is nothing to do with him being a rag. The point is, he clearly isn't good enough to justify spending that money on him and alienating the entire academy. We can keep Mangala (who is a better player than him) and use Tosin as backup. If he wasn't good enough for united, why would he be good enough for City? He''s playing for West Brom for goodness sake.

Txiki has got to leave the club in my opinion. Complete disregard for us fans when it comes to transfers. First signing Walker (who has criticised the club in the past) and then trying to sign a through and through united player when there are hundreds of better centre backs around.

if you look at it from Peps viewpoint, the window started on plan and then with Alvez being a dick it veered off track somewhat. hasty changes had to be made and then Kolarov leaving stuck another unwanted problem onto the pile. now, im pretty sure that if we win fuck all this year Pep will most probably be gone (unless we literally just miss out on a couple of trophies).
pep needs to be pragmatic with his squad, i can see why he is going for johnny boy - i wouldnt want to lay my future job security at the shaky feet of the mangler either!!!
i hope that this signing is necessary to keep a strong base line defense, but also Pep has in mind that we may be laying out a shit load of cash at the arse end of the window for another attacker.
i will trust Pep, basically because i have to....but it is certainly a risky move, a 'spuds in the lions mouth' move and one i truly hope pays off. we will see!

And if he turns out to be a good buy, and City fans can laugh at their United colleagues because they let him get away, he'll be a hero.

Anything in life is possible but when you look at the simple facts that he wasn't good enough for the rags, has ended up at wba and in the last decade no big club apart from Arsenals brief attempt no top club has ever tried to sign him. I don't even remember any poster on here even mentioning his name so it seems a bit silly some are now of the opinion this is good.

Happy clapping big blue at its finest.

We have bought Savic, Nastacic,, Boateng, Mangala, Stones, Otamendi and we still rely on Vk. Perplexing to say the least.

Personally think if Pep wanted Stones he has the responsibility of making it work. No good just spending another 50 mill
Every single one of those players is better than Johnny Evans.

My anger about this is nothing to do with him being a rag. The point is, he clearly isn't good enough to justify spending that money on him and alienating the entire academy. We can keep Mangala (who is a better player than him) and use Tosin as backup. If he wasn't good enough for united, why would he be good enough for City? He''s playing for West Brom for goodness sake.

Txiki has got to leave the club in my opinion. Complete disregard for us fans when it comes to transfers. First signing Walker (who has criticised the club in the past) and then trying to sign a through and through united player when there are hundreds of better centre backs around.

Just saw this feeble-minded post in the dictionary under the heading "Abject fuckwittery".

And imagine if Ederson doesn't become the GK we hope he can be. Imagine Madrid players shooting at Bravo. Should we go out and buy another world class GK just in case? Dont we have to see how Stones turns out before we replace him?

I haven't suggested we replace stones though. The fact kolorov was our most consistent centre back last season should have been a clue tnthose in charge that signing a world class centre half was quite important. If Jonny Evans was the answer why did no one mention him. Why arent West Brom fighting off several clubs?

The answers is he ain't that good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.