Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are we doing?!

Fucking Evans of all players. Another player we will struggle to sell on in a couple of years. Just keep Mangala

Some of the reactions to what is still, essentially, a rumour are fucking ridiculous. Who did people think we'd buy as a fourth choice centre half? It was always likely to be a relatively cheap, pragmatic signing.
You've created the monster, lol.

You can't even use cheap as a reason to get him cos they turned down £18 million. If they're after £20+ million that is far from cheap. Everton got Michael Keane for £25 million and he's twice the player Evans has ever been. Leicester got Harry Maguire for £12 million. What the fuck are Pep and Txiki thinking?

Did I miss the Jonny Evans video clue? FFS why are we considering this? 18mil? I'd rather a. We put up another 20 mil more for sanchez at Ajax before spurs nab him or b. Give tosin a proper chance. He struggled to get a spot at utd and has got by clogging at West Brom. Mangala is better, stones and it's are better. If we sign a cb he has to be better than what we have.

To utilise Sane and Jesus that seems the natural formation for the side. Its been a bit pedestrian so far and if teams defend deep we need to make the pitch as wide as possible. Fullbacks like Mendy/Walker are great but playing a three at the back they will typically join the attack at a later juncture. If we want to effectively counter attack and stretch the play we need the width created by Sane etc

I tend to agree but our full backs did stay very wide and reasonably advanced at Brighton. I definitely prefer what I call a virtual back three to three actual centre backs but I think we need to be able to use both formations.

We absolutely have to quicken the tempo more often.

Some of the reactions to what is still, essentially, a rumour are fucking ridiculous. Who did people think we'd buy as a fourth choice centre half? It was always likely to be a relatively cheap, pragmatic signing.

Ric how far down the list of world CB's do you think we got? To reach an 18m bid for Johnny Evans? I think, if anything, most have been reserved and taken it in good spirits. But that's only cos it does resemble a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.